HOMEABOUT USSHOP HERECROPDATESCURRENT CHALLENGESTIPS&TUTORIALS

Wednesday, January 24, 2018

"Today", by Amanda H.

Hello again!

Today is Wednesday, so it is my turn to share!

Ever find the perfect photo to go with a perfect piece of chipboard? I did! 
So.... here is my Lighthouse page!

Have you seen the range of Wood Effect papers in store from ModaScraps? I LOVE LOVE LOVE these papers! They create the perfect base to build a page on. And they are thick enough to handle mixed media without warping. In this page, I have used some Colour Blast to add some colour on the wood grain. Perfect blues for my page!


My first step was to add some Colour Blast White Heavy Gesso to the paper. I used a stiff brush and painted a light coat in the centre of the page. The Gesso is great to seal the page- I know I am going to add a water based colour next, and the gesso stops the colour soaking straight in. This gives me time to play with colour to get it messy and spreading to my liking!

Next I used some Colour Blast Colour Shimmer Dust in Navy. These are shimmery water-based pigment dusts, activated by water. I put a few sprinkles of navy dust onto some old plastic packaging and spray with water. I then turn and smoosh it onto the layout. I can spray more water and use a brush and heat gun to play with the colour. Another benefit of the dusts, is by adding more or less dust or water you can get different shades and intensities of colour.

Next, I added some Colour Blast Colour Paste in Singin the Blues through a stencil.

The last layer was to add some Colour Blast Colour Shimmer Spray in Singin the Blues - with some splatters on the page.

With the background complete, I decide to trim and distress the edges of the ModaScraps paper and mount onto a white cardstock base.






I used 3 different pieces of 2Crafty chipboard on this layout.

Firstly was the Lighthouse chipboard. I painted this with a couple of coats of Colour Blast White Heavy Gesso. To finish the chipboard, I used some Colour Blast - Colour Shimmer Spray - Steel. I took the lid off and using a fine paint brush I lightly painted the edges of the lighthouse.

Next was the Leafy Shrub chipboard. I painted this with a couple of coats of Colour Blast White Heavy Gesso and tucked it in the clusters to the left.

Lastly I used a Word Circle "today" for the title. After inking blue, I decided it needed to be darker so I mixed some Colour Blast Colour Shimmer Dust in Navy with water and painted it.


To finish the clusters on this page I used the following embellishments:

* Vellum leaves and butterfly from Cocoa Vanilla Studio - Bohemian Dream Vellum Accents
* flower stamen (from my stash)
* Puffy blue balloon sticker from Prima - St. Tropez Puffy Stickers
* Word sticker from Cocoa Vanilla Studio - Make A Wish Accessory Stickers





 Thank you SO much for looking today!



Products used:

Papers:

2 Crafty chipboard:

Embellishments:

Inks, Mists, Paints, Mediums:

Amanda

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment