HOMEABOUT USSHOP HERECROPDATESCURRENT CHALLENGESTIPS&TUTORIALS

Friday, January 19, 2018

Busy doing absolutely Nothing with ModaScraps Viaggi Vintage by Kerryn Fry

Good morning everyone!
Hope you are staying cool wherever you may be.
I'm back to share my next project and I've gone back to the gorgeous collection kit
from ModaScrap to finish a page I started two weeks ago.
Viaggi Vintage is a soft, neutral collection and 
it was the perfect match for photos of our family pet, Spike.
Not sure if I should have a **lizard warning**, but he is so cute!


The Kraft cardstock has been covered with two layers.
Starting with a 12x12 Crafters Workshop Template and  Vintage Photo Distress Ink,
I've covered most of the cardstock.
The next layer is a 6x6 Crafters Workshop Template and Faded Jeans Distress Ink
I've worked it around the photo for splashes of colour.


The 2 Crafty title Busy doing absolutely Nothing has been painted with Barn Door Distress Paint.
I love the small pop of red in the papers and it works perfectly with Spike's colouring.
Using the cream background on the reverse of the patterned papers,
I have again die-cut some elements to embellish my page.
The splotches were die-cut, covered with Distress Paint and then coated with Dimensional Magic.
The leaves were cut from both the reverse and patterned papers for contrast.


The Kaisercraft Doily is a prominent feature of the page.
I've made good use of some of the negative pieces from the doily 
and used them as arrows on the page,
they have been painted and coated with Dimensional Magic.


There are plenty of other die-cuts, the arrow and scallop along the base of the photo,
the heart banner and tab at the bottom of the page and the number and date tab.
Most have been left in that natural cream, but I have painted a few pieces for pops of colour.
I'm glad I let this page sit for a few weeks, I'm really happy with the finished page
and I think Spike will love it.

Thanks for dropping by today, I hope you have been inspired.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Please check back Monday for Fiona's next project. 

Products Used:
Bazzill Kraft Cardstock
ModaScrap Viaggi Vintage Collection Kit
2 Crafty title Busy doing absolutely Nothing
Crafters Workshop Template
Distress Ink
Distress Paint
Kaisercraft Decorative Die - Detailed Doily
Dimensional Magic
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment