HOMEABOUT USSHOP HERECROPDATESCURRENT CHALLENGESTIPS&TUTORIALS

Friday, May 10, 2019

Beyond Blessed
using Simple Stories Spring Farmhouse
by Kerryn Fry

Good morning all!
This week I have cracked open a new collection,
Simple Stories Spring Farmhouse.
I really loved the softer tones of this collection
and have found them perfect for my family themed photos.
This photo was taken about 4 years ago,
my amazing Dad and beautiful niece.
I changed the photo to B&W as there were too many bright colours.

The page started with a Kraft cardstock base.
I've added colour to the background with Distress Ink and a stencil,
then added some random stamping with black ink.


The photo has been matted with black cardstock
and given some dimension with foam tape.
I have added some paper layers
and loved the pop of the yellow striped paper, Welcome Home
Once all the paper were stuck down,
I have doodled a faux stitch border with a black pen.


The 2 Crafty Birds of Flight have been covered with Distress Paint.
Using Scattered Straw and Wild Honey, 
I started with the lighter of the two colours
and then used the darker colour to highlight the wings and tail feathers.


I have hand-cut some elements from the 2x2 Element sheet to embellish the page.
The title piece, journal spot and heart have been mounted on foam tape
to give the page more dimension.


The 2 Crafty Foliage 1 Set were covered with Peeled Paint Distress Paint.
Once dry, I have lightly touched with Shabby Shutters.
I have finished by adding a doodled border around the 3x4 card
to highlight the word 'Love'.


Thanks for visiting the AAS Blog today,
I hope you have been inspired by the page today.
Have a fabulous weekend and happy crafting,
please join us again on Monday for Fiona's next project.


Products Used:


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment