HOMEABOUT USSHOP HERECROPDATESCURRENT CHALLENGESTIPS&TUTORIALS

Friday, March 1, 2019

Water Fun using Kaisercraft Deep Sea by Kerryn Fry

Good morning AAS faithfuls.
It's going to be just a tad warm here in South Australia today,
think we're going for a top of 40 degrees, 
so I'll be spending the day trying to stay cool.
And I've just realised it is already March!....Crazy!
Today I'm sharing my first page using the fabulous collection,
Kaisercraft Deep Sea.
I have to say I have really enjoyed doing this page.
It might have something to do with the very cute then Mr 6.5 as my model.
And where else could he be, but in the water.
 

 Now surprisingly for some, there is no cardstock in sight this week.
With so many fabulous patterned papers in this collection,
I didn't need to work up a sweat to create a background.
But my scissors were definitely very busy.

The page was started with the Deep Blue paper,
I've then hand-cut the circles from Anemone 
and the sandbanks from Tide.
I used the big sandbank as a base for the photo.
Each element has been given dimension with foam tape.


The individual waves under the photo have been hand-cut from the Deep Sea Dive paper.
I have roughed up the edges of each strip and
then re-aligned them with a small gap when sticking them down.
With a white pen, the edges have been defined by adding some faux stitching lines. 


The clusters on either side of the photo are a combination of
hand-cut follage and shells from the Tide paper 
and a few pieces from the Collectables.
Plenty of layering and more foam tape.


The large starfish was hand-cut from Tide
and was a great base for the smaller cluster along the bottom of the page.


The 2 Crafty title Water Fun was basecoated with gesso,
then once dry, I've covered it with Distress Oxide Chipped Sapphire.
The next layer was created using the 6x6 Crafters Workshop stencil
and two more Distress Oxides, Broken China and Tumbled Glass.
I've dried the ink off with a heat gun to set it
and added some circles with a white pen.
I have lifted with foam tape.

Thanks for visiting the blog today.
I hope you have a wonderful weekend, with plenty of crafting.
And stay cool if the heat finds it way to you.
Please join us again on Monday for Fiona's next project.
Products used:
Kaisercraft Deep Sea - Deep Blue
Kaisercraft Deep Sea - Anemone
Kaisercraft Deep Sea - Tide
Kaisercraft Deep Sea - Deep Sea Dive
Kaisercraft Deep Sea Collectables
2 Crafty title Water Fun
Distress Oxides
Crafters Workshop 6x6 Mini Tiny Circles
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment