HOMEABOUT USSHOP HERECROPDATESCURRENT CHALLENGESTIPS&TUTORIALS

Friday, March 22, 2019

100% Boy using My Minds Eye Happy Days by Kerryn Fry

Hi everyone!
A new collection for me this week.
Today I'm sharing my first layout created with 
My Minds Eye Happy Days.
It has gorgeous bright colours and I love the touch of pink.
The photo is another one from the archives,
Harrison age 5, riding his bike with rollerblades on.
What can I say!

A simple design this week.
The page was started with my usual favourite, Kraft cardstock.
I've added some interest to the background.


The 2 Crafty Zig Zag border is actually the centre piece.
This piece has become my sun,
I've painted it with Mustard Seed Distress Paint 
and then swiped with gold metallic ink.
Once dry, I've applied a thick coat of Dimensional Magic


The house  and clouds have been hand cut from Ice Cream Dreams paper
and the cactus cut from Cheery Disposition.
I have added a faux stitched border to the clouds with a black pen
and all of the elements have been mounted on foam tape.
For something a little different, I have journalled around the pattern papers.


The 2 Crafty title 100% Boy has been given the same effect as the sun.
Painted with Distress Paint and then swiped with gold ink,
finishing with a thick coat of Dimensional Magic.
I love the sparkle of the gold ink in the light
and how the gold highlights the yellow on the bike.

That's all for this week.
Thanks for dropping by today.
and I hope you have a great weekend.
Please join us again on Monday for Fiona's next page.
Products used:
Bazzill Kraft Cardstock
My Minds Eye Happy days - Cheery Disposition
My Minds Eye Happy Days - Glad Garden
My Minds Eye Happy Days - Good Vibration
My Minds Eye Happy Days - Ice Cream Dreams
My Minds Eye Happy Days - In Bloom
2 Crafty title 100% Boy
2 Crafty Zig Zag Borders
Distress Oxides
Distress Paint
6x6 Crafters Workshop Template
Dimensional Magic
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment