HOMEABOUT USSHOP HERECROPDATESCURRENT CHALLENGESTIPS&TUTORIALS

Friday, March 8, 2019

Day at the Beach using Kaisercraft Deep Sea by Kerryn Fry

Hi Everyone!
I'm back today with my second page 
created with the collection Kaisercraft Deep Sea
The shades of blue and green in this collection are fabulous.
The photos are Mr then 7, attempting to fly a kite with Dad. 

The page started with the gorgeous Mermaid Scales Specialty paper as the base.
A few layers of patterned paper and some fussy cutting.
I've hand cut some shells, pebbles and foliage from the Tide paper,
then combined them with a few elements from the Collectables pack.


Plenty of focus on my favourite thing this week, 2 Crafty chipboard.
The octopus, seahorse and crab are all from the 2 Crafty Sea Creatures pack
 I've base coated each piece with gesso and set them aside to dry.
The 2 Crafty Sea Grass has been sponged with a combination 
of Distress Paints Scattered Straw,  Brushed Corduroy and Frayed Burlap.
The seahorse was also sponged using Distress Paints Tumbled Glass,
Stormy Sky and Chipped Sapphire.


The chipboard title Day at the Beach has been given a 
layer of Charcoal Ink and let dry.
Once dry, I have given the title a finishing coat


The chipboard Octopus has been covered with a two-tone finish
of Distress Paints Evergreen Bough and Broken China.
The starfish was sponged with multiple Distress Paints
Once dry, I covered them with Dimensional Magic 
and have used foam tape to lift each piece.


I have used similar colours on all of the chipboard pieces
to tone in with the colours of the collection.
Using the hand-cut elements, I have embellished across the base of the page.
The 2 Crafty Kites were the perfect final pieces.
They were hand painted with a brush using Distress Paint
and scribbled some borders on them with a black pen.
I have also framed the photo with black pen.


That's my page for this week.
I hope you have enjoyed the project
and have a very happy, scrappy weekend.
Please join us again on Monday for Fiona's next page. 

Products used:

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment