HOMEABOUT USSHOP HERECROPDATESCURRENT CHALLENGESTIPS&TUTORIALS

Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Wonderful traditions
by Amanda H

Hello everyone!

I have another Christmas page to share today! 
One that shows my girls enjoying one of our Christmas traditions - making gingerbread biscuits.

I started with the Kaisercraft "Mint Wishes" collection for this page, and coloured some embellishments in pink (using Colour Blast) as a highlight colour. I love the combination!

I started with a white cardstock based. I also used the white cardstock to mount the 
main photo, as well as the block of mini prints.

I love that when we use mini-prints, we can include lots of photos on a layout to tell the story!

The main background paper on this page, is the "Cabin" sheet, which I love for the wood grain design. I also used the "Flannette" sheet of paper in a few places. Firstly I mounted some under the main photo, and then also added a few sneaks of the same paper under the torn places on the page.

In this close up, you can see where I fussy cut a flower from the "Flannette" paper.
  
With my photos, I had so much pink in them, so I decided to colour some embellishments in pink.

 
I used some 2 Crafty Funky Heart swirls . I inked these, then sprayed with Colour Blast Colour Shimmer Spray in Lipstick. I also gave them a coat of Dimensional Magic.

I also coloured the paper lace doily and Kaisercraft white mini paper blooms with the Colour Blast Colour Shimmer Spray in Lipstick. Perfectly matched embellishments!
For the title, I used a 2Crafty word "wonderful". To colour this, I inked the word, before spraying with Colour Blast Colour Shimmer Spray in Blush. The shimmer spray gave the title shimmer and shine!

I also did a few fine and neat splatters using Colour Blast Colour Shimmer Spray in Blush.

Last thing to show you - I added a couple of Prima flowers from previous collections:
The large turquoise flower from the
and the smaller mint flowers from the 


I am really happy with how this page turned out! One of my favourite colour combos - perhaps not traditionally Christmas colours, but perfect for my photos!


Products used:
Papers
  
Embellishments:

Mixed Media:

2Crafty Chipboard:


Thanks for looking,
Amanda
 
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment