HOMEABOUT USSHOP HERECROPDATESCURRENT CHALLENGESTIPS&TUTORIALS

Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Wind Power
by Amanda H

Hi everyone!

Another travel page to share today!

Recently, I was checking the Clearance section in store, looking for a bargain! {PS. Have
 you checked it out lately? So many awesome papers to pick up at great discounts!}
 I found a sheet of navy and red paper from My Minds Eye and knew it would be perfect 
for a travel page.
 I combined this with some awesome 2Crafty chipboard to complete this page.


I started with a piece of white cardstock, and my one sheet of My Minds Eye paper "Open Seas".
I cut the navy map paper, fixing 2/3rds of the paper to the background. I used the red stripes on the reverse to back my photo. I also added a layer of white cardstock and Fancy pants corrugated white cardboard behind the photo.

I have layered the papers, the photo and the 2 Crafty chipboard. You will also notice some subtle splatters. I mixed a small amount of Colour Blast - Colour Shimmer Dust in Navy with water and used this to splatter from a paint brush on the white side of the layout.

Let's look closer at some of the other elements on the page.

For the title, I used the alphabet letters from the Pink Fresh Escape the Ordinary collection. I placed the title on a layer of the red striped paper and some more white corrugated card. I added some small red letters from my stash to complete the title.

Now let's look at the chipboard. I used 2 Crafty Gears and Foliage flourishes.

For the gears, first I sprayed them with Colour Blast - Colour Shimmer Spray in Fire Engine. Then I painted them using Colour Blast - Colour Shimmer Dust in Candy.

For the Foliage, first I inked with navy ink, before painting with Colour Blast - Colour Shimmer Dust in Navy.

All chipboard was given a coat of Dimensional Magic.

I found a red tulip in my bag of  Pinkfresh - Escape the Ordinary Ephemera, and that seemed perfect for my dutch page!

I finished the cluster, with some red sticker words from my stash and some Bella Blvd puffy blue stars.


Thanks for looking today.

Amanda


Products:

Papers:

Embellishments:

2Crafty Chipboard:
Foliage Set 3
Gears
 
Chipboard has been coloured with:
Colour Blast - Colour Shimmer Dust in Navy
Colour Blast - Colour Shimmer Spray - Fire Engine
Colour Blast - Colour Shimmer Dust in Candy
Dimensional Magic
 
Splatters made with:
Colour Blast - Colour Shimmer Dust in Navy
 
 
 
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment