HOMEABOUT USSHOP HERECROPDATESCURRENT CHALLENGESTIPS&TUTORIALS

Monday, September 5, 2016

You Make Me Happy layout by Rachel Lowe:

Hoping you all had a wonderful weekend.
 
Today I have another share using Fancy Pants Life is Beautiful collection.


I decided I had to fussy cut the flowers from the dark floral paper and do 'something' with them. I find fussy cutting very therapeutic and calming.


When you at the 'left overs' stage creating a layout with negative space but several feature embellishments is the way to go.


 
 

I used some yellow colour spray and splattered lightly onto the white card stock.
I then attached my photo so I could then place my blooms.

 


As you can see I have placed in a fashion that is visually appealing and balanced with small yellow flowers tucked under the larger blooms. I then finished off with several enamel dots to add more texture.




I have used some die cuts starting at the top centre of my layout knowing I wanted to create a design where the main elements were centred. I have added a floral adhesive brad by Simple Stories.




Keeping entered I added a die cut banner and butterfly under my photo and floral arrangement.

I love adding enamel dots (or any other shape) to elements to add another layer to embellishments. And I always do using foam tape where some extra layering appeals.

This is a totally girl layout and I love it.

It is a cost effective layout ensuring you use up those last bits of the collection.

Thank you for stopping by today for a look.

Have a fantastic week, with more gorgeous layouts from Fiona and Tammy coming up.

See you next Monday.

xXx





Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment