HOMEABOUT USSHOP HERECROPDATESCURRENT CHALLENGESTIPS&TUTORIALS

Monday, September 12, 2016

Dear Lizzy Saturday Collection layout by Rachel Lowe:

Happy Monday my fellow scrapper.


Today I have created a layout using the fantastic new collection by Dear Lizzy, Saturday.
It has a vacation vibe, with bold prints and colours.


The possibilities are endless as what you can create with it.


I loved the circle paper with its stunning colour combination and yes you can use pink on a boy layout!


I love it when my boys wear clothes that are brightly coloured and not the traditional black/grey or dark blues. This photo of my 'baby' perfectly dressed for this layout.


 


I have cut two 1 3/4 x 11 inch steps and centered  them to the top and bottom of my white bazzill card stock.


I then took a 1 1/2 inch circle punch and punched various coloured/pattered circles from the remainder of the paper piece.


 





Then by eye, I randomly attached the punched circles in a visually appealing way. I wanted them to look like they were floating up and down.


I used the packaging from the wash tape sheets to matt my photo on due to the colour being perfect.


Before attaching to the centre of my page, I placed the wooden paper clip on the photo and then used foam tape (a double layer on the three corners and centre) so it sat evenly with wooden paper clip.

 
 
I then chose from the chipboard words my title 'live simply' and kept it centered with my photo.
I also added from the chipboard words the hearts and crosses onto the punched circles to add layers and visual interest. Finally I added the chevron chipboard pieces under my photo.
 
 
To finish this  layout off I added the ticket die cut and puffy sticker camera.

I love how the colours of this layout are so visually stunning.

Simplicity does not have mean bland or boring, it is about good design, colour choices and where you place your embellishments.


Thank you for stopping by today and I hope this has inspired you to create your own version of this layout, remembering you could use a girl or family photo not just a boy photo.

 
See you next week where I will showcase the same collection but have designed a bright and fun layout that would suite most photos.

 
xXx
 
 
Dear Lizzy - Wooden Paper Clips
Dear Lizzy - Ephemera die cut shapes
Dear Lizzy - paper bagels
Dear Lizzy - Puffy icon stickers
Dear Lizzy Thickers - Hello multicoloured chipboard
Bazzill Cardstick - white 12-x-12



Photobucket

1 comment: