HOMEABOUT USSHOP HERECROPDATESCURRENT CHALLENGESTIPS&TUTORIALS

Friday, July 31, 2015

Last 2 layouts with Crate Paper Journey - By Linda Eggleton

Good morning everyone :)

I have 2 final layouts to share today using the fabulous Crate Paper Journey collection 
They are both using photos from our recent holiday.


"Travel Bug"

I have used the map side of the Navigate paper for this layout....adding some colour to it by dabbing on some coordinating coloured mists.  I sprayed the mist onto some scrunched up cling-wrap, and then dabbed it randomly over the page.  I've then layered up a variety of papers & embellishments.




Most of the smaller pieces you can see in amongst the layers of paper, are pieces that have been cut in half, with the other half being utilised elsewhere on the page, or on previous pages already created....no point having such fabulous pieces hidden in under the layers, I say!

The cluster is made up of some Green Tara flowers, Flutterby flair & the gorgeous row of feathers is from the Cardstock & Vellum Ephemera pack....and it is g.o.r.g.e.o.u.s!



After layering & clustering, I have then added a variety of stickers & ephemera pieces over the page.
Here you can see some of the cork arrows, stickers & vellum ephemera.



The piece with the saying "Not all who wander are lost" is from the "Let's Go" paper....and it just had to be used, as this is so me! :)  The mustard coloured paper with the arrows is also from the Let's Go paper, and it's been cut in half, using each piece on either side of the layering under the photo.

The cute little camera is also from the Ephemera pack - there are truly so many 
fabulous pieces in this pack!



I have used one of the cork phrases as part of the title....and also some more of the cork arrows at the side of the photo.



The cute little travel tags are cut from the Let's Go paper also...and the pink one is from the Ephemera pack.  At the top of the page I've used some of the triangular stickers along with another ephemera piece to create a bit of a banner, with one of the cut off strips running across the top of the page as well.



I have some journaling on the back of the page about me & my travel bug :D



"Hello Stanley"

This time I've used a much plainer piece for the background - Itinerary,
and I've added a small amount of colour to it by flicking on a few different coloured mists.



For my cluster, I've used some Green Tara flowers again, as well as a couple of pieces from the Ephemera pack, and then I've added some 2Crafty Indian Feathers that I've coated in Gesso & then painted with Tim Holtz Tattered Rose distress spray stain....and finished them off by adding some of the puffy feather stickers on top.



I cut the "Hello" out from one of the Gold Foil Tags to form part of the title, and also some of the alpha stickers that are part of the sticker sheet for the rest of the title.



I used one of the smaller 2Crafty polaroid frames to highlight Stanley (a big metal emu made from VB bonnets, doors etc) on one of the photos....and again I've cut some of those fabulous travel tags from both the Let's Go & Voyage papers.



Making good use of ALL the different embellies with this collection - there really is such a vast amount of them!  More cut tags, ephemera & sticker pieces.



And more of the above....with the addition of a cork heart & a small piece cut from one of the Gold Foil tags at the top of the layers there.



And here's a close up of the main area of the page.

I hope you have enjoyed seeing my creations with this lovely collection over the past 5 weeks :)
Next week is a new month, so I will be playing with a new collection...I wonder what it could be?!

Until then...happy scrapping :)
xx


Photobucket
Products used

Travel Bug


Hello Stanley
Mont Marte - Gesso

No comments:

Post a Comment