HOMEABOUT USSHOP HERECROPDATESCURRENT CHALLENGESTIPS&TUTORIALS

Friday, March 13, 2015

7Dots Studio "Destination Unknown" & Kaisercraft "All that Glitters" by Linda Eggleton

Hello everyone....welcome to the blog today.

I am back to share some more 7Dots Studio goodness, but this time I have a layout using the wonderful "Destination Unknown" collection.  
It is full of beautiful teals, greys & browns & I think would suit any theme of layout.  I have gone with a bit of a vintage style, using an old family photo that I was recently given :)


"Sowing New Soil"

I started off with the reverse, teal side of the Celestial paper & trimmed it down slightly & then backed it with the reverse side of the Journey paper....but before doing so, I cut out the centre of this piece for future use.  I then added a bit of textured stencil work using a Memory Box stencil - Scraped Paint with some modelling paste, and then finished off with a bit of random stamping using Darkroom Door stamp - Scratches



Here I've used some more of the amazing new flowers from Petaloo - Burlap Sunflower & Pointettia...mixed in with some smaller Petaloo flowers, some diecut leaves & another of the beautiful Wild Butterflies from Petaloo also.



I used a variety of papers cut into different sized strips - both width & length....some punched, some diecut & all of them with stressed edges....and I played around with them until I was happy with the look before sticking them down.

I've used a couple of pieces of the stunning 2Crafty Bubble Clumps, diagonally at opposite sides of the photo area, making sure that not too much of the pieces are wasted in behind the layers of paper - this stuff is too good to have it hidden in behind bits where it's not going to be seen!!



Here is the other piece of 2Crafty Bubble Clumps.  I left them raw & then simply rubbed some gesso randomly over the pieces with my fingers.



I have used the scrabble letters from the "Thoughts Keeper" range for part of my title....again cutting them down so they were a smaller size, distressing the edges & then mounting them on a lighter piece of PP to help give them better definition on the page.



Here is another view of the cluster area....which includes a fabulous Flutterby Flair



And a close up view of the main area of the page.



Not a lot of journaling on the front of this page.....there is WAY too much to be able to fit on there.
It is all on the back of the page & tells the story about this amazing man, who was the first from my Dad's side of the family to come to Australia back in 1924.  
His story for me is fascinating, inspiring and I am in total awe of him & his wife who waited & followed him to Australia 2 years later.



Next I have a couple of my DT projects using Kaisercraft's "All That Glitters".
This is such a beautiful & pretty collecton...lots of gold, glitter & foil!  It includes a few different specialty papers that are full of glitter, foil, butterflies & the like...they are totally gorgeous!


"Perfect Bridesmaids"

I have used the reverse side of the Radiate paper for my background, topped with both the pink & gold damask sides of the Twinkle paper...and the butterflies?  They are fussy cut from the amazing Golden Butterflies - Speciality Foil paper....the paper is absolutely FULL of them - so you will not run short of butterflies with this one!!



I have used one of the new Kaisercraft Decorative Dies - Berry Vine with the fabulous Gold Glitter - Specialty Glitter paper.  This die is one of my favourites....and I reckon it is going to get a LOT of use - I absolutely LOVE it :)))



Here's a bit of a close up of the fussy cut butterflies from the Golden Butterflies specialty paper....There is a mix of colours & each butterfly has some gold foil - very cool & gorgeous!

There's also a few Collectables pieces here too.



The title is made up of one of the Collectables pieces, and some Kaisercraft Alpha stickers in coral.
Just poking out of the cluster is a circle piece "Our Story" that is stamped using one of the stamps in the All That Glitters stamp set - I have stamped it with embossing ink & gold embossing powder.



And here is an overall view of the main area of the page, with some of the pretty KC blooms
(I was very limited on time & have not added any journaling as yet - it is on my list to add it though)

Kaisercraft products - Radiate P1778, Twinkle P1779, Golden Butterflies - Specialty Foil PS394, Gold Glitter - Specialty Glitter PS397, Paper Pad PP964, Collectables CT822,  Sticker sheet SS275, All That Glitters clear stamp set CS208, Captured Moments 3x4 Sparkle cards, Leaves Decorative Die DD312, Berry Vine Decorative Die DD522, Sage Paper Blooms F632, Fairy Floss Paper Blooms F640, Sage Mini Paper Blooms F649, Coconut Mini Paper Blooms F644, Coral Alpha Stickers AS256, Foam Tape T303

Other - Brad, Embossing powder & ink



"Nom Nom"

For this page I've used the Polka Dot Glitter specialty paper....I love how nice & thick these specialty papers are!  They make it perfect for adding any mixed media!  Although I haven't added any modelling paste etc, I did alter the colour of the paper, making it a soft pink 
by colouring it with my Gelatos :)



A cute little cluster of paper blooms, diecut pieces from the Collectables pack & ANOTHER new decorative die - Leaves!  This one is a favourite too....I love adding die-cut leaves to my layouts!



More gold foil butterflies....from the Collectables pack & fussy cut from the 
Golden Butterflies specialty paper.



I have also used some of the Sparkle Captured Moments cards in amongst my paper layers...with some Collectables pieces in there as well.



More Collectables pieces & stickers......



Some strip journaling & KC white alpha stickers for the title


 
Pic is of my little G. Niece devouring her cake during her cake smash for her 1st b'day <3

Polka Dot Glitter - Specialty Glitter PS398, Gloss P1777, Glow P1775, Golden Butterflies - Specialty Foil PS394, Paper Pad PP964, Collectables CT822, Sticker Sheet SS275, All That glitters clear stamp set CS208, Captured Moments Sparkles 3x4 cards CM126, Leaves Decorative Die DD312, Fairy Floss Paper Blooms F640, Coconut Paper Blooms F627, Fairy Floss Mini paper Blooms F657, Sage Mini Paper Blooms F649, White Alpha Stickers AS252, Island Ink IP726, Foam Tape T303.

Other - Gelatos



And lastly....a card

"You are Loved"

I have used one of the gold foil papers from the Paper Pad as the base of the card, then layered it using the Glow & Gloss papers - the Gloss paper (the pink one) I have embossed with the new KC Flourish Embossing folder....then I have given it a bit of a distressed look by rubbing the raised embossed bits with a sanding block.



I topped this with a few Collectables pieces, some KC stamped leaves onto the Gold Glitter specialty paper...and a few blooms & stamped butterfly.



Here you can see the gorgeous embossed flourishes!!  Aren't they gorgeous!

All That Glitters – Glow P1775;  Gloss P1777;  Gold Glitter – Specialty Glitter PS397;  Golden Butterflies – Speciality Foil PS394;  Paper Pad PP964;  All That Glitters clear stamp set CS208;  Flourish Embossing Folder EF206;  Fairy Floss paper blooms F640;  Honey mini paper blooms F645;  Leaves clear stamp CS949.
Other – Flower, Stazon ink.


That is all from me for another week.
I hope you have been inspired by both of these, different, yet both equally gorgeous, collections.
Thanks for taking the time to drop by & read through this very long post!  :)

There is a list of products used, with links, for the Destination Unknown layout below
& you can find the Kaisercraft All That Glitters collection in store HERE

Until next time...xx

Photobucket

Products used

"Sowing New Soil"
Petaloo - Textured Burlap Pointsettias - Teal
Petaloo - Darjeeling Paper Mini Blossoms - Teal
Darkroom Door - Texture Stamp - Scratches
Mont Marte - Modelling Paste
Mont Marte - Gesso
Prima Marketing - Alpha Stickers
Martha Stewart - Border Punch - Swirling Lace
Paper Doily

No comments:

Post a Comment