HOMEABOUT USSHOP HERECROPDATESCURRENT CHALLENGESTIPS&TUTORIALS

Friday, March 27, 2015

7 Dots Studio "Destination Unknown" & Kaisercraft "On Stage" - By Linda Eggleton

Hi everyone :)

Today I am back to share another layout using the fabulous

It is predominantly a travel themed collection, but it would easily adapt to  other themes, especially masculine pages.  My page is travel themed, but not in the sense of travel as we know it today!
My hubby's G. G. G. G. Grandparents both came to Australia on the First Fleet....I'm sure, for them, it really was a case of "Destination Unknown"!  hehe

I have been wanting to do something on this subject for many years...and this 7 Dots collection was just the perfect choice to finally get it done :)

I also have to mention that the quality of these papers is amazing...I just love the thickness of them, which makes adding some mixed media to them a breeze...there is none of that buckling & warping that you usually get with thinner papers!!


"7 Years Beyond the Seas"
This is what they were both sentenced to - 7 years Transportation beyond the seas!

I chose the reverse side of the Walk The Plank paper with its lighter colours & subtle patterns for my background, giving me a large scope in choice of what to add for some background work.
I've gone for some stencil work using Memory Box Rings & Puddles stencil with some modelling paste, and then some small patches of random stamping using Kaisercraft Script & Tiny Dot stamps....plus there's a few small splashes of glimmermist on there too.



I've added a rustic little cluster of a few different pieces of 2Crafty chippies - Gears & Dotty Bits, a Petaloo Burlap sunflower that I have altered the colour, using a variety of different ink sprays & mists, a Flutterby Flair & a few smaller Petaloo Darjeeling mini blooms & pieces from the Destination Unknown Element diecut sheet.  I've left all the 2Crafty pieces raw, but have added a few swipes of light inking & gesso to them.



At the bottom right of the photo I've used one of the 2Crafty 6" clock face frames...and my title is a mix of different alpha stickers (see products list below)




Here's a close up of some of the background stamping & stenciling



For my paper layers, I started off by cutting out the 2 half circles from the reverse side of the Night Sky paper, and that was the base that I then added more pieces of varying sizes & shapes - some some of them were cut leftover pieces from my previous Destination Unknown layout.   
I fiddled around with their placement until I was happy with the look.  
I am a "do not stick anything down until happy" kinda gal...lol



I finished the page off by adding a variety of pieces from the Elements diecut sheet and placed them up on foam tape, such as the arrows, the star & the little tab piece...which helped to give a bit of dimension to the page.  I have also inked & distressed all the edges of each paper & diecut piece.

Again, I have a HEAP of journaling to add to the back of the page - there is lots to tell about these 2, including the information behind their crimes & sentences & then their life here in Australia.

Just a little side note:-  Obviously, I did not take the pic! lol
It was found online & downloaded :)



Next I have my DT work for Kaisercraft using the "On Stage" collection.
perfect for all those muscical/performing photos to get scrapped!

It is full of fabulous colours & patterns....and here is what I have created with it.


"You Rock"

I've used a variety of papers in behind the photo, plus some papers from the paper pad....and there's lots of collectables & Sticker pieces in there too :)

I've used the Encore piece for the background....I just love those musical circles going around the page!


Here's a few close ups....

There's so many fabulous music orientated pieces in this collection...and some really cool verses too!



Here is an example of some of the cool sayings from the sticker sheet



Also lots of star pieces in the Collectables pack & on the Sticker Sheet.
I have added a few wooden veneers from my stash as well.



I am yet to add my journaling (story of my life lately!!! lol)
I created a little pocket at the side of my paper layers & have used one of the pieces cut from the Arts paper as my journal card.  The pic is of my son when his band played their first ever gig at a club in Canberra.  This pic was not taken by me either....it was taken by one of my son's friends - Angus Mok Photography :)


Kaisercraft Products:  On Stage – Encore P1769, Backstage P1771, Arts P1772, Paper Pad PP963,  
Sticker Sheet SS274,  Collectables CT821, Foam Tape T303 
Other – Twine, Brad, Wood Veneers, Staples

Next up is a card....

"Good Times" 

I have used one of the Collectables note pieces together with a few flowers to create a cluster, and have finished it off with a few leaves cut from the new Kaisercraft Leaves decorative die....which comes with dies for a few different sized & shaped leaves!!






The little verse is from the Sticker sheet that I cut into smaller pieces to fit the card :)

Kaisercraft Products:  On Stage – Arts P1772,  Paper Pad PP963, Collectables CT821,  Sticker Sheet SS274,  Leaves Decorative Die DD312,  Honey Paper Blooms F628,  Honey Mini Paper Blooms F645,  
Black Mini Paper Blooms F661,  Coconut Mini Paper Blooms F644, Snow Pearls SB794
Other – Flower, Mist, Distress Ink
That is me done & dusted for another week & month....next week is a new month - cannot believe that April is upon us!  Until then, happy scrapping & I hope you've been inspired 
by these 2 fabulous collections:)
Linda  xx
Photobucket
Products used for "7 Years Beyond the Seas"
Petaloo - Textured Burlap Sunflowers - Ivory
Petaloo - Darjeeling Mini Blossoms - Soft Grey
Dylusions Ink Spray - White Linen
Mont Marte - Modelling Paste
Mont Marte - Gesso
Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Gathered Twigs
Faber-Castell - Big Brush Pen - Nougat
Prima Marketing Alpha Stickers
American Crafts Thickers
October Afternoon Alpha Stickers

No comments:

Post a Comment