HOMEABOUT USSHOP HERECROPDATESCURRENT CHALLENGESTIPS&TUTORIALS

Friday, August 3, 2018

This Boy using Simple Stories Travel Notes by Kerryn Fry

 Good morning everyone and happy Friday to you all.
Today I am sharing a page created using Simple Stories Travel Notes.
The colours are gorgeous and the patterned papers were so easy to use on a non-travel page.
The photo is of a much younger Mr 14 with his beautiful brown eyes.


I have started the layout using the patterned paper Go See Do as the base.
I love the grid and diagonal lines in the background.
Once I had worked out the basic design of my page, I gathered a few Distress Oxides
in the following colours Candied Apple, Spiced Marmalade and Broken China.
Using glad wrap and water, I've applied the oxides in layers on either side of the photo.
I've removed the excess Oxides using paper towel. 


The paper layers have been added once the background had dried.
I have used cardboard and the 2 Crafty Filmstrip to create dimensionin the layers.
The Filmstrip has been backed with patterned paper and painted black with Distress Ink.
I've used a black gel pen to doodle some faux stitching lines in.


The 2 Crafty Mini Camera has been painted with Barn Doss Distress paint
and lifted with foam tape.


The 2 Crafty title This Boy has been painted black.
Once dried, I have randomly outlined parts of the letters with a white Sharpie Pen.


The 2 Crafty Triangle Clusters were a perfect base for the quote to sit on.
They were painted black and the 2 Crafty quote was cut into 3 parts
and painted with Tumbled Glass Distress Paint.
I have then doodled more faux stitching inside the triangles.


I love the direction the triangles give the page 
and how well they tie in with the direction in the papers.


The final touches to the page were some white splashes with the Sharpie Pen
and some black stamping using the Kaisercraft Tiny Dots Texture Stamp.
The Cardstock Sticker sheet provided the hearts and the tab.


That's all from me today, thanks for visiting the blog today.
I hope you've been inspired to create.
Hope you have a great weekend
and please pop back on Monday for Fiona's next project.

Products Used:

No comments:

Post a Comment