HOMEABOUT USSHOP HERECROPDATESCURRENT CHALLENGESTIPS&TUTORIALS

Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Squeeze the Day, by Amanda H

Hello everyone....

Here's a page of my middle daughter squeezing some fun into the last days of warmth and sunshine before it got cold! And the Hello Summer collection by Simple Stories was a perfect match to these photos!


I started with some random triangles cut from some of the patterned papers in the collection : 3x4 Elements , Catching Rays , and Peace, Love & Pineapple. With a bit of clever cutting and some puzzle piecing I was able to have them fan out from the centre. I inked all the edges of the paper triangles with black ink and stuck them to a sheet of White cardstock.

Before I added my photos and embellishments, I finished the background by adding some splatters, by tapping colour from the spray wands from Colour Blast - Colour Shimmer Spray - Envy and Colour Blast - Colour Spray - Roadbase.


I mounted the two photos onto black cardstock and placed them in a line with a 3x4" card cut from the  3x4 Elements paper.

Then using the beautiful and bright stickers from the Hello Summer Combo Cardstock Sticker Sheet, I was able to combine florals and word phrase stickers to form the clusters and extra detail to the page. 


I also scattered some Bella Blvd - Puffy Hearts - Oreo Black and MME - Wander Enamel Dots in the clusters as a finishing touch with a little dimension!


Thanks for looking today!

Amanda

Products used:





Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment