HOMEABOUT USSHOP HERECROPDATESCURRENT CHALLENGESTIPS&TUTORIALS

Wednesday, June 6, 2018

"Oh Happy Day", by Amanda using Kaisercraft "Fleur"

Hi everyone,
 
There was an intriguing Kaisercraft collection to hit the store last month - "Fleur" by Kaisercraft. Amazing rich blacks, teamed with forest green and pink and golds. Such an interesting colour scheme - yet perfect for the photo I chose - a lovely family photo set in a bush background, with the girls in lovely pink dresses! Perfect colour match.
 
Here is my page....
 
But I had to share it on this angle, so you can see the gold foil on the "Oh Happy Day", which I used as a title card.
 
 
I started with the glorious Happy Days paper as my background. I love this textured wood grain  pattern on this black paper and I think I could use it on many pages!
 
I cut out the cards from the You are loved Speciality paper. These had lovely sentiments and beautiful gold foiling. I used one card for the title and another to mount my photo on. Then I stacked this onto a few more paper layers.
 
To finish the page I used diecuts from the collection and some other embellishments from my AAS stash.
 
 
 
To the left of the photo block. I combined and layered many of the flower and leaf die cuts, using a few dots of foam tape for dimension. I added the "This was amazing" pink arrow die cut and some loose black thread. Lastly I added a black puffy Bella Blvd heart, a My Minds Eye pink puffy circle and a Simple Stories chipboard circle (both bits found in my stash!)
 
 
In the right corner of the photo block, I used more flower and leaf diecuts, again with some foam tape. I repeated more of the same elements as in the last cluster:  loose black thread, a black puffy Bella Blvd heart, a My Minds Eye pink puffy circle and a Simple Stories chipboard circle. I also added a black Kaisercraft Paper Bloom.
 
You can also see here, that I used a strip from the base of one of the papers (the green strip with XO's on it) and ran this across the page. Kaisercraft papers always have lovely end strips which can be used on your pages!
 
 
 
The final touch was in the top corner of the photo - a simple tab diecut with black thread and a black puffy Bella Blvd heart.
 
 So glad I found this beautiful "Fleur" collection - perfect papers and embellishments for special pages like this!
 
Thanks for looking,
Amanda 
 
Products used:
Kaisercraft - Fleur Paper - Happy Days
 Kaisercraft - Fleur Paper - You Are Loved Specialty Paper
 Kaisercraft - Fleur Paper - XOXO
Bella Blvd - Puffy Hearts - Oreo Black
Simple Stories - Beautiful Chipboard Stickers 6x12" 
My Minds Eye - Blush Puffy Stickers with Gold Foil Accents
Kaisercraft - Paper Blooms - Black
 
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment