HOMEABOUT USSHOP HERECROPDATESCURRENT CHALLENGESTIPS&TUTORIALS

Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Harry Potter Pages - Part 1 - by Amanda H

Hi everyone,
 
Last year, our lovely 14 year old "Harry-Potter-fan" daughter had a party with her friends. We spent a long time organising and preparing the Harry Potter theme. I took so many photos! And I was super excited to see the "Wizard World" collection from Photo Play. I combined the Wizard World papers and die cuts with some cardstock, machine stitching, a few colour splatters and some small embellishments to finish the pages.
 
Today I share 3 pages and next week I will share 3 more!
 

Page 1: "Magical Day"


 
Abby had spent many hours making floating candles for her party. I could not resist using the Floating Candles paper from the Wizard Word collection for this page. I used it in a panel through the middle and machine stitched around the edges.
 
Then I added awesome die cuts, including "Magical Day" as the title; and Dobby and Fawkes!
 
I also splattered some gold - using Colour Blast Colour Shimmer Spray in Bling.
 
 The other finishing touches include: word stickers (from Simple Story), puffy hearts (from Bella Blvd) and some sequins.
 
 
 
 
I squealed out loud when I found this perfect sticker quote! "After all this time? always"
 
Page 1: Extra products used:
Colour Blast - Colour Shimmer Spray - Bling
 SS - Romance 4x6 Sticker Sheets - 8/Pkg
Bella Blvd - Puffy Hearts - Oreo Black
 
 

Page 2: Olivanders

 
Abby and I made a wand making station as one of the activities at the party. The girls had fun painting and decorating their own wands.

For this page, I started with a white cardstock based and machine stitched the stars and moons paper from the Wizard World collection. To break the pattern, I added a coat of White Gesso to the background. I also added some Colour Blast Colour Shimmer Spray - in Singing the Blue splatters!

I added some paper banners with more papers in the range and even fussy cut the suitcases from one of the papers. Diecuts, sequins, threads and stickers finished the page.

Page 2: Extra products used:
Colour Blast - White Heavy Gesso
Colour Blast - Colour Shimmer Spray - Singin the Blues
Stars from Crate - Carousel Thickers - Cirque Multi Colour Puffy Stickers

Page 3: House Lollies

For today's last page, I created a simple page for the different Hogwarts houses. We had decorated a table of food with the different houses. This ones shows the house lollies.
I started with a white cardstock base and then mounted the 4 photos onto some black cardstock. I tucked a few strips of paper from the Wizard World collection and then included many diecuts as well. I found some sequins, stickers and enamel dots to finish.
For splatters, I used some Colour Blast Colour Sprays - in Sunset and Roadbase.

Page 3: Extra products used:


I had such fun creating these pages!

Thanks for looking! Come back for next week for part 2!

Amanda



Key products used:
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment