HOMEABOUT USSHOP HERECROPDATESCURRENT CHALLENGESTIPS&TUTORIALS

Wednesday, February 14, 2018

4 shaker cards, by Amanda H

Hi everyone,
 
I am not really a card maker, but recently I tried a very simple shaker card technique and now I am hooked. Combine this with my love of using up all those paper scraps I diligently save, that's how I came up with today's project. I have so many beautiful paper scraps and stickers left over from some awesome ranges in store; they were perfect for these 4 cards.
 

For all 4 cards, I started with a white cardstock base. Then I cut a square of patterned paper and layered a square of vellum on top. I machine stitched these squares together, leaving the top open. Then I loaded sequins into the pocket and stitched the top up. Lastly I embellished with some strips of patterned paper and some stickers. I love shaking these cards around, the noise and seeing the shiny sequins; it really does add a simple touch to a card.

Below is all the details for the 4 cards I created.

Card 1: Thinking of you


 So many perfect sentiments and colours for card making in this range. I love that the vellum overlay softens the patterned paper I had chosen. And the stickers in the range were ideal to finish this card. I went with yellow, orange and green sequins in the shaker pocket.

Card 2: "Hey"

I combined a pink patterned paper from the range with some brights and blues. I added puffy stickers, chipboard stickers and a CVS word sticker. And how cool does the Jillibean Soup felt flower look? I went with pink, blue and cream sequins in the shaker pocket.

Card 3: "Happy Together"

I love the patterned paper square I started with from the range and a collection of layered stickers was a simple and easy way to finish the card. I went with black, white and pink sequins in the shaker pocket.

 Card 4: "Live in the moment"


This range is great for a more masculine card and I combined papers and stickers in the range for a simple card. I went with blue, green and orange sequins in the shaker pocket. 
 
Papers used: Pinkfresh - Escape the Ordinary Paper - Observe;
Pinkfresh - Escape the Ordinary Paper - Dare
Stickers used: Pinkfresh - Escape the Ordinary Puffy Stickers;
CV - Bohemian Dream Accessory Sticker Sheet
 
 
That's all from me today! I hope it inspires you to pull out some paper scraps from your stash and make some shaker cards!
 
Amanda
 
 
 
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment