HOMEABOUT USSHOP HERECROPDATESCURRENT CHALLENGESTIPS&TUTORIALS

Monday, May 9, 2016

Kaisercraft Sea Breeze - Love This Layout by Rachel Lowe:



Hello everyone, this week I have a layout to share created using the fab collection Sea Breeze by Kaisercraft. I just love the wood grains, turquoise and mint greens with a mix of black and brown contrasts.

I do tend to use white as my base paper in layouts but this wood grain just had to be used with its weathered look.

I adore photos that are not poised and this shot of me with my four children walking hand
 in hand in a field at dusk is one of my all time favourites. 


Firstly I splattered the wood grain base paper with mint colour shine.

I then painted the 2crafty chipboard butterfly in white and when dried I sprayed lightly
 over it in the mint green colour shine so it would tie in with my background.

I cut a diagonal corner and half inch strip from Refresh paper. I then sewed them down.

From the die cut pack I chose a sentiment that would go with my photo and sewed that
 down over the already sewn corner.

I have then layered under my photo starting with the darkest green paper to the lightest mint
 green. I have also sewn in a random fashion on these paper pieces. Usually I don't ink with
 pine cone but felt it suited this more rustic layout.

I always cut off the border strips from each sheet of paper before I start my layouts, most
 these days have some form of pattern on them that can be used on your layout. You will see
 the heart strip that has been sewn on is from a border strip (you can use these as a form 
of washi tape).


Sewing will add extra texture and interest to your layout.


I foam taped the heart sticker over lapping on my photo and then attached the 'smile'
die cut sentiment over the lower right of my photo.


I attached three small heart sticker to my bottom border strip with foam tape.
 
 
To finish this layout I then foam taped the already altered 2Crafty chipboard butterfly to my page.
 
 

I think this colour combination is just so classy and I am happy with the way this collection
really shows off my photo wonderfully.



Thank you for stopping by today and see you next week with more inspiration from this 
gorgeous range.

Stay safe, stay warm and find some 'me' time to scrap.
 


Sea Breeze Collectables - Die Cuts
Sea Breeze - Refresh Paper
Sea Breeze - Sea Paper
Sea Breeze Waterlilly Paper
Sea Breeze Sticker Sheet
Sea Breeze Splash Paper
2Crafty Butterfly Frames
Heidi Swapp Color Shine Spritz Mint




Photobucket

1 comment: