HOMEABOUT USSHOP HERECROPDATESCURRENT CHALLENGESTIPS&TUTORIALS

Monday, May 30, 2016

Kaisercraft Sea Breeze - A Friend is a gift layout and card set by Rachel Lowe:

Happy Monday everyone, hoping you all had a wonderful week end.

Today I am sharing a layout and card set created using Kaisercraft's Sea Breeze collection.

The photo I have used is of my mother taken last year in the wonderful gardens at a local restaurant. Sometimes I forget I actually have other family members I can scrap and not just my children!

I wanted to create a classic layout.

Of course I had to fussy cut the flowers from the Waterlilly paper and layered them, adding in leaves and using foam tape on the top flowers. I wanted the floral arrangement to cascade from the upper left corner. I hand punched a butterfly and attached with foam tape. I also added some enamel dots to the large flower centre, butterfly and the printed swirl.

I used the smaller floral paper to create a border frame. As you can see I have sewn in a messy fashion around the frame.

I chose the journal card that had the sentiment I wanted to go with the photo of my mother. I then set about adding layers around my photo using the tag die cuts, stickers and paper strip. I then sewed in a messy fashion around the photo.




Here are some close up photos.
Here I have foam taped the fussy cut flowers and butterfly.




I have sewn on each of the leaves to add more texture.




I have added pearls to emphasis the printed swirls and added a larger one in the centre of the largest flower.



I have continued with sewing in a random manner around my photo matt ad tags.





This collection is perfect to create cards and I just couldn't throw out the gorgeous left overs from the layouts.






I have used a 2Crafty butterfly frame on this card which goes perfectly with the floral/vintage theme of this card.






The green flower die cut contrasts beautifully against the script word paper. I have foam taped the flower die cut, hand punched a butterfly from black bazzill and added a green word sentiment die cut. To finish off I have sewn around the edge, on the butterfly and word sentiment. I wanted to create a 'modern' look.





The circle sentiment die cuts are great for cards, layer them on contrasting paper and add some sewing and you have a quick and easy handmade card and everyone loves receiving a handmade card!






Well that is the last of my paper creations using KC Sea Breeze. 
I hope you have liked them as much as I did creating them.
See you next week with a new collection to showcase.
Stay safe and keep warm.
X
KC Sea Breeze - Collectables Die Cuts
KC Sea Breeze - Raindrop Paper
KC Sea Breeze - Refresh Paper
KC Sea Breeze - Sea Paper
KC Sea Breeze - Splash Paper
KC Sea Breeze - Waterfall Paper
KC Sea Breeze - Waterlilly Paper
KC Sea Breeze - Whirlpool Paper
KC Sea Breeze - Lake Paper
KC Sea Breeze - Sticker Sheet
Bazzill Cardstock - Raven
Bazzill Cardstock - White
2Crafty Chipboard - Butterfly Frames
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I love this colour combo Rachel, and your cards are stunning!!

    ReplyDelete