HOMEABOUT USSHOP HERECROPDATESCURRENT CHALLENGESTIPS&TUTORIALS

Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Basic Grey - Best Day Ever by Rachel Lowe:

Hello everyone, I hope you are having a fantastic day.

Here is another layout using Basic Grey using the Typeset and Dear Heart Collections.
Again I have used a mixture of both to create this layout.


Trying to achieve a family photo where all are actually looking at the camera is something I have never achieved and hence why once a year I use a professional photographer. I only ever ask for one poised shot as I prefer more natural looking photos.


I have used Kraft as my background paper as I need a contrast as I was using numerous patterned pieces.  I randomly splashed sparingly Colour Shine Spritz Black (lower right corner diagonally to top left corner).


I have then created many layers of paper pieces, border strips, tag and journal card (I left an opening to place my journalling card).


I have foam taped the chipboard typewriter (which I added foam tape to create a 3D effect and to enable me place slightly over my photo) and 'unforgettable' arrow.


I have used several of the flair buttons on this layout to add more layers and interest (and also because I am a fan of them!).


I have inked the 2Crafty Chipboard word 'Best Day Ever' in black and then used dimensional magic to add a shine to my title. I finished off by adding some black enamel dots around the chipboard title. I love how it contrasts against the kraft paper.






Here you will see that you can hide your journalling by placing it under a paper piece. I would prefer hidden journalling as I am not at one (yet) with my writing.






Lots of layering happening here.







Thanks for stopping by for a look and below is a list of the products you will need to create this layout. 
Have a wonderful week.
See you again soon.

BG Typeset Paper - drop cap
BG Typeset Paper - Foundry
BG Dear Heart Paper - journaling-cards
BG Typeset Chipboard
BG Typeset Flairs
kraft woodgrain
2Crafty Chipboard - Best Day Ever
Heidi Swapp Color Shine - spritz black
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment