HOMEABOUT USSHOP HERECROPDATESCURRENT CHALLENGESTIPS&TUTORIALS

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Basic Grey Highline - by Fiona Johnstone



Hello everyone
 
The end of the month is upon us already, only 3 months left of the year - yikes!
Today I am sharing a layout with you I created using the very colourful Basic Grey Highline range. I love working with bright, vibrant paper ranges like this one.
 
Here is my layout, Cherish of my daughter and youngest niece together on their last visit.
 
 
Because I was using so many bright colours, including the hot pink background,  I have used  black accents which really pop against all the colour. I have inked my background with a mask in black ink, added some black doilies, a black title and even some black leaves. I have also edged my main paper layers in black pen, before finishing off the layout with a little more pink!
Some close ups,
 
 showing masking detail and hand doodled edges. You can see I have kept the embellishments to a minimum with all the bold colour going on, a simple flair badge and some sequins on this side and a small flower cluster on the other.
 
 
 
 
 
Thanks for stopping by

Till next time
Fiona
x
Photobucket 
Products Used
 
Basic Grey Highline Paper - Be Yourself
Basic Grey Highline Paper -  Hello
Basic Grey Highline Paper - Awesome
Green Tara Cherry Blossoms - Pink
Green Tara Cherry Blossoms - Light Pink
AC Amy Tan Plus One Thickers Phrase Stickers
Flutterby Designs Flair - Design 200
Sequins - variety
Transparent Doily
VersaColor Ink - Black
 

No comments:

Post a Comment