HOMEABOUT USSHOP HERECROPDATESCURRENT CHALLENGESTIPS&TUTORIALS

Friday, April 4, 2014

Teresa Collins "Daily Stories" - By Linda Eggleton

Hi everyone, thanks for visiting the blog today :)
This month I will be creating with the newly released Teresa Collins - Daily Stories collection, and WOW, I am so super duper impressed with this one! You know you love a collection when you can't decide which side of each and every paper to use, as they are all just G.O.R.G.E.O.U.S, nor do you want to actually cut them up as they are so pretty and you feel that you will ruin them! lol AND then there's all the beautiful bits & bobs that come in the collection....gorgeous enamel shapes, a nice variety of stickers, and there's even Sequins that come in 4 different colours & sizes!!!
 
But you'll be pleased to know that I have made a decision on which papers to use for my first layout...and yep, I even got the courage to cut them up!!! hehehe.
I can't stress enough how much I love this collection and I know you will too....so make sure you get yourself some, you won't want to miss out!
 
 
So here is my first page using Daily Stories....
My page is based on the April sketch challenge at Scrap365


"Too Cute"
 
I used the reverse side of the notecards paper for my base...as I just LOVE the colour of this one & the lovely big white polka dots. I didn't want to alter the background too much, and was a little undecided at first whether to do anything at all to it...but for me personally, it just looked and felt a little "flat" without something on there! lol

So I kept my background altering to a bare minimum....I've added some sequins scattered around the page, all sitting on a the polka dot, and then I randomly traced around some of the circles, and others I've added some texture paste - all by using a circle template that was lucky enough to be the same size as the circles on the paper :) Then I left the remainder of the circles as is.  I also hand stitched a border around the outside of the page using embroidery thread.
 
 
 
Now for a few close ups....

A cute little cluster with layers of flowers & butterflies - the pink butterfly is from the Enamel Dots & Shapes pack & the peachy coloured one I fussy cut from the Butterflies paper
& lightly inked around the edges.
 
 

Title using the 2Crafty loopy font title - Cute....with some of the alpha stickers from the Daily Stories alpha/word sticker sheet as well. I gesso'd the 2Crafty title first with a few thick coats & while drying with a heat gun, it bubbled up a bit (probably because I got too close!) and created some unique texture. I then coloured with a gelato - Metallic Melon, spreading the colour with a damp brush.
 
 

Some more from the Enamel Dots & Shapes pack....2 little chevrons, and in the bottom left of the photo I've also used a few of the dots in different sizes. I've also used one of the stickers from the Decorative Sticker sheet in amongst my paper layers. Plus a few little X stitches at the bottom of the paper with the cute little hearts <3
 
 

My journaling....about my cute lil' Great Niece, Olivia :)
 
 

And here you can see some of the scattered sequins, with either modelling paste underneath or doodling around the circle that they sit on.
 
 

And here is a close up overall view....isn't she cute!?!
 
 
That is all from me for this week....until next Friday, take care & happy scrapping!
I hope you have been inspired & enjoyed your visit :)

Linda xx
 
 
Photobucket
 
Products used:

Embroidery Thread
Mont Marte - Modelling Paste
3D Foam Tape

2 comments:

  1. Just gorgeous... you are so versatile in your styles... like a little chameleon. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally adorable Linda, love the sequins in the circles and such a cute photo.

    ReplyDelete