HOMEABOUT USSHOP HERECROPDATESCURRENT CHALLENGESTIPS&TUTORIALS

Friday, April 11, 2014

More Teresa Collins Daily Stories - By Linda Eggleton

  
Hi there everyone, today I'm back to share 2 more layouts created using the gorgeous
Teresa Collins "Daily Stories" collection
As I mentioned in my previous post, deciding which side of the papers to use
is not an easy one....both sides are totally gorgeous!  For me, this is one of those collections
where 2 of each paper is a must!!
 
Anyways...on with the show
 
 
"Just be you"
My layout is based on sketch #112 at Sketchabilities
 
For this page I wanted to create some backround work, and I've used some of the new Teresa Collins Basically Essential stencils.   There are a few varieties of these available in the AAS store, and are well worth checking out!  I've also used the Kaisercraft Honeycomb stamp on my background as well as some splashes of glimmermist
 
 

Here I've used a 2Crafty word for my title - "You" loopy font....and I've simply inked it in black.
I also used some of the alpha stickers from the Daily Stories alpha/word sticker sheet, and I've altered them using pink my gelatos.  On the yellowy piece of PP, I've cut around the circles on the paper for a scalloped finish along the edge.
 
 

I'm sure you all know by now, that it's almost a requirement for me to have a cluster on my page :)
This one is made up of some Green Tara flowers, Flutterby flair, 2Crafty butterfly, and also stickers & enamel dots from the Daily Stories range.
 
 

Here you can see some of the background work, where I've used 3 of the Basically Essentials stencils that come in the set....one is used with texture paste & the other 2 with gelatos, and you can also see some more stickers & enamel dots across the top of the photo...plus there's a tiny piece of mesh tape added for a bit more texture & interest.
 
 

And again, more stickers & enamel dots layered onto some chevrons cut from the "currently" paper, with a bit of mesh tape in there as well.
 
 

Here you can see where I've used all 4 colours of the sequins...placing them onto some foam tape to give a little bit of height off the page, and also alternating them with a different side facing up so that they all don't look uniform.
 
 

I have added some very personal journaling on the back of the layout to myself,
that it's ok to just be me :)
 
 
 
 
Next up is a layout based on the Scrap Around The World April mood board.
 
"2 of a kind"


For this page, I've created some more background work onto another plainer piece that I have covered in gesso (don't ask!) ...giving it a crackled look using a Prima stencil, with some more splatters, using Gelatos this time & a new fan brush that I've had fun playing with :)  I've also used Kaisercraft Tiny Dot stamp randomly on the background.
 
 

And another cluster with more Green Tara & Petaloo flowers, Flutterby flair, 2Crafty butterfly & a few pieces cut from different PP's.  The butterfly was coated in gesso & then white liquid pearls for a lovely shimmery finish.
 
 

Here you can see the background work close up....with a few punched butterflies that have sequins & enamel dots added for their bodies.
 
 

And more butterflies ...most of them punched, with a few added fussy cut
ones from the Butterfly paper <3
 
 

And even more butterflies :) 
Here you can also see the punched border across the top (also on the bottom too) with a piece of the reverse side of the Butterfly paper tucked in under the main background piece to create the look of another layer in behind.  This was needed as a fix up for another "don't ask" moment...LOL!!
 
 
The pic is of my hubby & his mum....  I am yet to add my journaling
to the back of the page for this one.
 
 
That's it from me for today...I hope you have enjoyed your visit & have also been inspired by this gorgeous collection :)
 
Until next time....Happy Scrapping
 
 
Photobucket
 
 
Products used:
Just be You 
Teresa Collins - Daily Stories paper - Floral
Teresa Collins - Daily Stories paper - Flowers
Teresa Collins - Daily Stories paper - Butterflies
Teresa Collins - Daily Stories paper - Remember
Teresa Collins - Daily Stories paper - Currently
Teresa Collins - Daily Stories paper - Quotes
Teresa Collins - Daily Stories  - Decorative Stickers
Teresa Collins - Daily Stories - Alpha/Word Stickers
Teresa Collins - Daily Stories paper - Enamel Dots & shapes
Teresa Collins - Daily Stories - Sequins
Teresa Collins - Basically Essential - Stencil pack #2
Kaisercraft - Texture Stamp - Honeycomb
2Crafty - Chipboard Title - You Loopy Font
2Crafty - Chipboard - Sharon's Butterflies
Green Tara - Apple Blossoms - Pink
Green Tara - Gardenia - Ivory
Green Tara - Cherry Blossoms - Pink
Flutterby Designs - Flair Button -
Faber-Castell - Gelatos
Mont Marte - Modelling Paste
Tattered Angels - Glimmermist - Viva Pink
Tattered Angels - Glimmermist - Slate
Gyprockers - Mesh tape
 
 
2 of a Kind 
Teresa Collins - Daily Stories paper - Flowers
Teresa Collins - Daily Stories paper - Circles
Teresa Collins - Daily Stories paper - Quotes
Teresa Collins - Daily Stories paper - Butterflies
Teresa Collins - Daily Stories paper - Currently
Teresa Collins - Daily Stories - Decorative Stickers
Teresa Collins - Daily Stories - Alpha/Word Stickers
Teresa Collins - Daily Stories paper - Enamel Dots & shapes
Teresa Collins - Daily Stories - Sequins
2Crafty - Chipboard - Sharon's Butterflies
Green Tara - Apple Blossoms - Pink
Green Tara - Cherry Blossoms - Pink
Green Tara - Gardenias - Turquoise
Petaloo - Penny Lane Mixed Blossoms - Antique Red
Flutterby Designs - Flair Button -
American Crafts - Thickers
Prima - Stencil - Crackle
Faber-Castell - Gelatos
Mont Marte - Gesso
Mont Marte - Modelling Paste
Kaisercraft - Texture Stamp - Tiny Dot
Martha Stewart - Border Punch - Swirling Lace
Martha Stewart - Butterfly Punch
Creative Memories - Butterfly Punch
EK Success - Butterfly Punch
Ranger - Liquid Pearls - White Opal
Carl - Corner Punch
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Both absolutely beautiful Linda. Fabulous backgrounds on both, especially love the crackle stencil on the 2 of a Kind layout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning Linda, love that crackle effect and if that was to cover up a mistake, well you have done a fantastic job creating a beautiful page. Love the layout of you, nice to see a ME page now and then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love both of these. I particularly love the detail Linda puts into each and every layout.

    ReplyDelete