HOMEABOUT USSHOP HERECROPDATESCURRENT CHALLENGESTIPS&TUTORIALS

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Simple Stories - A Charmed Life by Fiona Johnstone


Hello everyone
 
This week I am working with the amazing Simple Stores A Charmed Life, and I have
 both a boy and girl layout to share with you. This range with its greens, blues and
yellows is the perfect colour combo for just about anything!
 
My first share with you, Joining Cubs, is of my son just before being inducted into cubs. This photo is from last year, I needed the perfect papers to complement that shirt!!
The background paper I chose, has all these fabulous stars along the top. To balance this out I have used some vellum stars and made a small cluster down the bottom right of my layout.
 

 
 
 
A different perspective, showing the trio of clusters around my photo:
 
 
A close up of the journaling, a star to continue the star theme on the background paper, with a little enamel dot. Bottom corner has a little cluster of a circle and a couple of word stickers and a 2Crafty Fleur De Lys, which is the Cubs and Scouts symbol - wonderfully suggested to me by the lovely Jo at All About Scrapbooks crop day when I was pondering what to add to my layout.
 
 
 
 My title and another circle and word sticker cluster to match the one above.
 

And for my second layout Today I have used the same wonderful range and applied it to a more girly design, with love hearts and flowers. 
 
I've used a plain white Jillibean placemat and cut a small section to add a little more texture & light to the page, particularly with the dark, plain baclground paper.
Another view of the layout: 


I really am loving all the fabulous diecuts that are being produced in more ranges these days, so easy to co-ordinate your layout.
A close up, showing my title, some journaling stickers and flowers. The clear sticker is from the MAMBI packet, it contains tonnes of fabulous shapes and phrases, great for sticking over photos and they come in black as well as the white I've used here "you make my {heart} sing".
The top corner, some washi tape, another small flower sticker and this adorable cloud with Hello Sunshine! from the A Charmed Life sticker sheet. 

 
 
Thanks for stopping by, I hope I've inspired you to create with these gorgeous colours!

Till next time
Fiona
x
 
Photobucket 
Products Used:
 
Joining Cubs Layout:
Simple Stories - A Charmed Life Paper - Be Still My Heart
Simple Stories - A Charmed Life Paper - Charming
Simple Stories - A Charmed Life Paper - Happy Go Lucky
Simple Stories - A Charmed Life Paper - Happy Times
Simple Stories - A Charmed Life- Bits & Pieces
 Simple Stories - A Charmed Life - Expressions Cardstock Stickers
Simple Stories - A Charmed Life - Cardstock Fundamental Stickers
 Crate Paper Boys Rule - DieCut Vellum Shapes
 MME - Cut & Paste Charm Smile Enamel Dots
MME - Collectable Remarkable Handsome Enamel Dots 
2Crafty Fleur De Lys
October Afternoon Mini Market Sticker
American Crafts Thickers
October Afternoon Button
Journal Spot
 
 
Today Layout:
Simple Stories - A Charmed Life Paper - Be Still My Heart
Simple Stories - A Charmed Life Paper - Happy Go Lucky
Simple Stories - A Charmed Life Paper - Happy Times
Simple Stories - A Charmed Life Paper - Navy Stripes
Simple Stories - A Charmed Life Paper - Serendipity
 Simple Stories - A Charmed Life - Bits & Pieces
Simple Stories - A Charmed Life - Expressions Cardstock Stickers
Simple Stories - A Charmed Life - Cardstock Fundamental Stickers
Jillibean Soup Placemats White Circles
Jillibean Soup Wise Words Smile White
MAMBI Clear White Sticker Flip Pack Friends
Teresa Collins Family Stories Enamel Dots
MME - Collectable Remarkable Handsome Enamel Dots 
Green Tara Flower
Washi Tape
 

1 comment:

  1. Such great examples of the versatility of this collection with boy & girl layouts...both layouts are fabulous, Fiona - love them!

    ReplyDelete