HOMEABOUT USSHOP HERECROPDATESCURRENT CHALLENGESTIPS&TUTORIALS

Wednesday, March 1, 2017

"A moment captured" by Amanda

Hi to our All About Scrapbook fans!

If you have joined me today, I would like to say hi and thank you!

This is my first day on the team here and I am nervous and excited!
 My name is Amanda Hartmann, and I feel so completely lucky to be able to create
 for the next 6 months with all the wonderful and amazing products in the All About
Scrapbooks store. I hope along the way, I get to know some of you in this creative
little community and that I can inspire you to create pages to tell the stories of your life.

 I'll be here every Wednesday, hopefully with something new to show you each week!
I have been scrapbooking for a long time now. I love seeing how things have changed in
 the industry but one thing that will never change is our love for pretty papers. And luckily
 we can get that in spades at All About Scrapbooks!
So let's kick off my first share for March with this simple and vintage page.

My inspiration for this page started with the beautiful 2 Crafty Frame Doilies. After I inked them, I cut some patterned papers to fit within the frames. I chose the subtle greys, teals and browns from some Pink Paislee and Crate Paper patterned papers. I repeated the circle and scalloped circles by punching a few shapes with my good old shape punches.
I wanted to keep the background to these papers and frames simple, so I went with a Kraft Cardstock background, perfect for vintage layouts and old black and white photos. I did some stamping with a Kaisercraft texture stamp, the subtle grid patterned added just a little interest to the Kraft background.
A few strips of paper along the bottom and I am ready to embellish! I did ink the edges of all my papers and I love the way this simple technique adds definition to the paper on the page.
If there is one thing you will get to know about me, it is that my favourite part of any page is in the little details I put into finishing. I love finishing, I love embellishing, I love diving into my stash to find the perfect little item to finish a page.
You will see some of these in these close ups:

I embossed a 2Crafty Elegant Flourish and used this as a focal point of the page.
 I clustered sequins from my stash and Cocoa Vanilla Studio resin from the
 Love Always Bits and Pieces bag, along the flourish.

I also embossed this perfect 2Crafty chipboard word as my title.



I also embossed some old charms from my stash to include in these little clusters.
I do love these little sticker words from the Cocoa Vanilla Sticker sheet, and you will
see them scattered on this page - they are great little finishers! And always add
 Cocoa Vanilla enamel dots to clusters too!

Okay, that's it from me! Thanks for looking today! See you next week.
Amanda
Products used:
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Love the design of your page Amanda, so simple but beautiful.

    ReplyDelete