HOMEABOUT USSHOP HERECROPDATESCURRENT CHALLENGESTIPS&TUTORIALS

Friday, August 9, 2019

Superstars using Simple Stories

Good morning everyone!
Today's project is my second page created with the travel collection,
Simple Vintage Traveller by Simple Stories
No travel photos, but the colours in this range worked well with the photo.
The photo is Master 15 hanging out with his Uncle,
both pretending to be super cool.
Another messy background this week, but I am loving it.
Bazzill Kraft Cardstock, add Distress Oxide Ink and Water.
I started with darker colours, Gathered Twig and Faded Jeans.
The easy technique of using plastic packaging,
swipe the ink pad, spray with water and add randomly to the cardstock.
I've made sure to dry each layer to stop it mixing.
I've added Bundled Sage with the same technique.
The next layer to the background was added using 
the Crafter's Workshop Template and Antique Linen.
I have applied it to the page with a sponge 
and then dried with heat tool.
The final layer on the background has been added using 
the Kaisercraft Textured Stamp and Rusty Hinge Distress Oxide.
There is plenty of 2 Crafty on this page!
The larger 2 Crafty Polaroid Frame has been covered patterned paper
I have used it to cover some background people in the photo
and put the focus on the boys.
I have added some doodling with a gold pen. 

The die cut leaves had a subtle embossed texture,
I have used the gold pen to highlight the veins of the leaves.


The 2 Crafty Weather Bits have been covered with Distress Paint.
The clouds was painted with Antique Linen
and the sun with Tea Dye.
Once they were dry, I have stamped the sun with the 



I have used the 2 Crafty Filmstrip as the base for the title.
It was painted with a mixture of Faded Jeans and Pine Needles Distress Paints.
I have backed the filmstrip with patterned paper.
The 2 Crafty Autumn Leaves were covered with Peeled Paint Distress Paint.
Once the paint had dried, I outlined the veins on the leaves with the gold pen.


The 2 Crafty title Superstar was painted with Gathered Twig Distress Paint.
I have taken the 's' from another title piece.
The final effect on the chipboard was done with gold ink and the Tiny Dot stamp.
The subtitle has been added with alpha stickers from my stash.


That's all for today, hope you have enjoyed the page.
Have a great weekend & stay warm.
Please pop back on Monday for Fiona's next page.

Products used:



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment