HOMEABOUT USSHOP HERECROPDATESCURRENT CHALLENGESTIPS&TUTORIALS

Friday, August 7, 2015

Cocoa Vanilla "Made of Awesome" - by Linda Eggleton

Hi everyone

Welcome to August!
A new month means new goodies to play with & this month I will be working with the amazing
Cocoa Vanilla Studio is a brand new Aussie designed & owned scrapbook company - by Zoe Pearn


Although I've only created one layout with the collection so far, I think it's going to be one of those collections that can be used for little boys, big boys & all those in between,
and perhaps even non male layouts?  We shall see what the coming weeks will produce :)


"Totally Awesome"
Based on sketch #144 at Sketchabilities

I have used the orange side of the Lucky Star paper for the background & added some random stencil work & stamping, with some mists splashed around as well.  I added all the background work after I had completed the layout - which is the opposite of how I normally add this to my backgrounds....usually I add it first.

There are SO many fabulous embellishments with this collection....you definitely will not be stuck for choice that's for sure!  I have used a variety of the embellies as shown below in some close ups....



Here I've used a variety of pieces from the Diecut Ephemera...all the circle pieces & the Awesome diecut that I've used as part of my title, plus the solid stars.  The other stars are vellum from the Vellum Stars pack - which come in a variety of patterns & colours :)



There's also one of the really cool flair buttons....and I've used some of the alpha stickers for the rest of my title.  The alpha sheet comes with these black alphas plus some 
smaller woodgrain patterned square alphas.



Tickets....who doesn't love some good tickets?!?  I know I do :)
I've used a couple here tucked into the sides of the photos....the Blue one was cut in half & the other side used on the opposite side of the photos.

And there's also some more vellum stars & one of the stars from the diecut Ephemera pack.



The arrows are also from the Diecut Ephemera....and I've put the small singular arrow up on foam tape.
The smiley (or not so smiley...lol) face is from the 2Crafty Smiley Faces pack...I've coated it in gesso & then coloured with some watered down KaiserMIST - Turquoise.



And a close up of the main area of the page.
Photos are of my boy at one of his motocross races....photos were not taken by me, but by one of the professional photographers who were there on the day.


I hope you have been inspired by this fabulous collection....it really is one of those MUST HAVES!!

Until next time....happy scrapping!  xx


Photobucket

Products Used

Cocoa Vanilla - Made of Awesome - Lucky Star paper
Cocoa Vanilla - Made of Awesome - Directions paper
Cocoa Vanilla - Made of Awesome - Boys Rule paper
Cocoa Vanilla - Made of Awesome - Diecut Ephemera
Cocoa Vanilla - Made of Awesome - Alphabet Stickers
Cocoa Vanilla - Made of Awesome - Flair Buttons
Cocoa Vanilla - Made of Awesome - Tickets
Cocoa Vanilla - Made of Awesome - Vellum Stars
2Crafty Chipboard - Smiley Faces
Teresa Collins - Basically Essential Stencil - Remember & Thanks
(Chevron Arrow stencil from above pack of 3)
Kaisercraft - Stamp - Grid
Tim Holtz - Distress Spray Stain - Tumbled Glass
Tim Holtz - Distress Spray Stain - Weathered Wood
Kaisercraft - KaiserMIST - Orange
Kaisercraft - KaiserMIST - Turquoise
Faber-Castell - Big Brush Pens
Modelling Paste
Gesso



No comments:

Post a Comment