HOMEABOUT USSHOP HERECROPDATESCURRENT CHALLENGESTIPS&TUTORIALS

Friday, August 22, 2014

Echo Park " Capture Life" & Kaisercraft "Outdoor Trail" - By Linda Eggleton

Hi everyone & thanks for popping in for a visit today :)
I have another layout to share using Echo Park's "Capture Life" collection.
And I know I am repeating myself here, but this seriously is a super versatile collection :)
This is my 4th layout....and this one is using teal & yellow tones for a bit of a beachy layout...even though that's not what the layout is about.
 
 
"Tossed Salad - on the run"
 
I've used the gorgeous Damask paper for my background....I love the colour of this & the fabulous damask pattern. No need for any background work with this one :)
 
 

I've added some Green Tara & Petaloo flowers, 2Crafty lightbulb, some OA flairs & stickers from the alphabet sticker sheet - including the fun....  to form my main cluster.
 
 

And here's a 2nd smaller cluster....and how cute is that fab little typewriter?!?!
It was cut from one of the images on the "Memories" paper and is sitting up on some foam tape :)
 
 

I've added a couple of scrap strips of paper with blue tones in under the title to help
break up the yellows.
 
 

And as you can see I've layered yellow/golden tones, along with a bit of black & white in under the photos, which mixed with the teal tie in well with the colours of the photos....of silly me eating salad with my hands, out of a plastic bag!.....on the run LOL!! 
 
 
 
I also have a few of my Kaisercraft DT project to share using the "Outdoor Trail" collection.
I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised with this collection and just love how my layouts have turned out.  This collection would suit any type of outdoor layout - not just camping, fishing etc.
 
First up is this layout....
 
"Take a Hike"
 
I've used the dark wood panelled paper, "Bush" for the background and I've lightened it slightly by adding some dabbed on gesso & some template work using one of the new KC templates - Quarters, which has 4 different patterns on the one stencil!!   There's also some stamping over the top of the textured background work - but it's probably a bit hard to see it here
 
 

Here's a bit of a close up of the stencil/background work and the stamping
is a bit more visible here too.
 
 

I've layered pieces of PP, Collectables & also paper from the Paper Pad in under my photo.
 
 

As well as at the top of the page.
 
 

 
Kaisercraft Products: Outdoor Trail – Bush P1583, Orienteer P1586, Camp Fire P1589, Swag P1590, Paper Pad PP946, Sticker Sheet SS251, Collectables DT803, Seabreeze Alpha Sticker Sheet AS251, Quarters Template T613, Arty Texture Stamp CS879, Grid Texture Stamp CS755, Bark Ink Pad IP724, Vintage Ink Pad IP723, Island Ink Pad IP726, Double Sided Tape T314, Foam Tape T303.
 
Other: Gesso, Modelling Paste, Twine
 
 
 
Another layout.....
 
 
"Along the Selfie Trail"
 
This time I've used a lighter paper for the background (Frontier) and have added some stamping using KC Chevron stamp...as well as some of the word stamps in the Outdoor Trail stamp pack.

Again, lots of Collectables used....in & around my cluster, plus in amongst my paper layers & at the top & bottom of the page.
 
 

A cluster of blooms & Collectables.
Have you ever noticed that there is ALWAYS the pefect coloured Kaisercraft paper bloom to match the colours in any of their collections??? I love that <3
 
 

 
 

A few more Collectables pieces layered at the bottom of the page, also with stickers
from the Sticker sheet.
 
 

Love those arrows from the Collectables pack!!
 
 

 
Kaisercraft products: Outdoor Trail Frontier P1584, Woodland P1582, Orienteer P1586, Camp Fire P1589, Swag P1590, Collectables CT803, Sticker Sheet SS251, Paper Pad PP946, Terracotta Paper Blooms F635, Honey Paper Blooms F628, Sage Paper Blooms F632, Outdoor Trail Clear Stamps CS184, Chevron Texture Stamp CS149, Bark Ink IP724, Green Alpha Stickers AS257, Double Sided Tape T314, Foam Tape T303
 
 
And lastly, I have a card to share
 
My brother is a mad fisherman...so you can guess who this will be going to!
There are lots of images in both the papers & Collectables pack that are perfect
for fishing themed projects!
I've added some KC alpha stickers & rhinestones to the card.
 
 

 
Kaisercraft Products: Outdoor Trail – Orienteer P1586, Woodland P1582, Camp Fire P1589, Paper Pad PP946, Collectables CT803, Sticker Sheet SS251, Bronze Rhinestones SB776, Natural Alpha Stickers AS254, Bark Ink Pad IP724, Vintage Ink Pad IP723, Kraft Card & Envelope CD512
 
 
So, that rounds up yet another week (aren't they just flying by!)
I hope you have been inspired by these fabulous collections.
 
Until next time....xx
 
 
 
Photobucket
 
American Crafts - Thickers
October Afternoon - Daily Flash - Tin Pins
Fiskars - Border Punch
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment