HOMEABOUT USSHOP HERECROPDATESCURRENT CHALLENGESTIPS&TUTORIALS

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

More Carta Bella Boy oh Boy - by Fiona Johnstone

Hi there everyone
 
This week I am once again creating with Carta Bella Boy oh Boy range. But this time, the page has no boys! Instead I have chosen to scrap an Australia Day photo of my daughter. I love the bright colours in this range, those red and blues are just perfect for an Aussie themed page!!
 
 
 
 
 
For this layout, I wanted to use a lot of stars, there were some in the paper and I had some as embellishments but I didn't have exactly what I wanted, so I decided to use some of my embellishments as a mask instead to create my background. I used some 2Crafty chipboard stars, laid them out and sprayed my backgrounds with some Heidi Swapp Color Shine. Then I have added some stamping, including a cute tiny little star stamp I found. I've finished with a few splashes of white paint, just to break up the blue a little more. 
 
 
Continuing on with my Aussie theme, I found a project life card to use and this really cool map of Australia made by 2Crafty Chipboard. I inked the chipboard in red to stand out against the blue, and inked the edges in pinecone for some added definition.
 
 
I've kept the red going on the opposite corner with the Aussie, Aussie, Aussie catch phrase, and co-ordinated my embellishments in blues, reds and a touch of Aussie gold! 


 
 I hope I have inspired you to try the Boy oh Boy range, even if you have no boys to scrap!! 
 
Till next week,
Fiona
 
Photobucket
Products Used:
Carta Bella Boy oh Boy Paper - Little Man
Carta Bella Boy oh Boy Paper - Boy Stripe
Carta Bella Boy oh Boy Paper -Guy Stuff
Carta Bella Boy oh Boy Paper -Journaling Cards
2Crafty Chipboard - Aussie Map
2Crafty Chipboard - Stars Pack
Jillibean Soup Wooden Nickels - Life 
Jillibean Soup Wooden Nickels - Travel
October Afternoon Mini Market Stickers 
October Afternoon Daily Flash Blurbs - Snapshot
Kaisercraft Resin Flowers - Lily
MAMBI Clear Black Stickers - Flip Pack Love 
White Bazzill 
Heidi Swapp Color Shine - Navy
Heidi Swapp Color Shine - Teal
Kaisercraft Texture Stamp - Edges
Bo Bunny Stamp - It is Written
Kaisercraft Captured Moment Stamp Set - Polaroid
Stazon Ink - Black
White Paint
Misc PL Card

1 comment:

  1. This is just fabulous, Fiona! Love that you've created an aussie girls page from this boy collection....and the masking & stamping just finish the page off beautifully. Love it all :) x

    ReplyDelete