HOMEABOUT USSHOP HERECROPDATESCURRENT CHALLENGESTIPS&TUTORIALS

Friday, March 28, 2014

Two last layouts using Far & Away and Limelight Collections - by Linda Eggleton

Hi there everyone...welcome to the blog today.
 
As you know, I've been working with 2 collections this month,
Teresa Collins' Far & Away & Kaisercraft's Limelight ....
 and I have really enjoyed creating with both.
 
 So for my last post for this month, I'm sharing a layout from each collection....
 
(a full list of products used is listed at the bottom of this post)
 
 
First up is using Far & Away
 
"Bay of Martyrs"
 
I have used the reverse side of the Ephemera paper for my background as I liked the grid pattern and thought it would work well as a base for some background work. I am loving using stencils & templates for stamping with mists lately, so again, this is the technique I've used for my background. I used the CW Quarterfoil template with some Denim Blue glimmermist - I first sprayed the template then placed it on my background piece & gently smoothed it over to ensure the GM transferred on to my paper base. I've also splashed a bit of Scarlet GM around, plus a bit of random stamping using Kaisercraft's Tiny Dots stamp. 
 
 
For my cluster I have layered some Green Tara flowers, 2Crafty Summer Leaf Stem, that I've kept raw & diecuts & stickers from the Far & Away collection.
 
 
 
 
Here I've fussy cut around the red pattern on the reverse side of the Word Labels paper to create a scalloped effect to help break up all those straight lines....plus it tied in with the background quarterfoil stamping :)
 
 
 
 And here is a better look at some of the background stamping with the mists....plus a few of the stickers & diecuts.
 


I've created a few layers of different lengths & widths in behind the photos...with one that I cut into a banner shape at the sides of the photos....and I've distressed all the edges to help create a bit of texture & depth.
 
 

And here is an overall close up of the main area of the page...with the title & a few stickers & diecuts.
 
 
 
Ok next layout using the Limelight collection from Kaisercraft....
 
"True Love"

Oh how I love this collection! 
Again, another grid type pattern for the background in green...with a bit of a black border using the reverse side of the Dawn paper.  To create my background, I first randomly sprayed the green "Bright" paper with some White Linen Dylusions ink spray....which helped tone down the brightness of the paper.  I then used the Kaisercraft "Flutter" template with some modelling paste to create the pretty spray of butterflies across the page. 
 
Once this was dry, I placed the template back over the page & then stamped some of the butterflies with Kaisercraft script stamp & some Prima chalk ink (Tin Can).  I then continued on with creating the rest of the layout, adding layers of papers & adding all my embellishments.  When the page was  finished, I then decided that there was too much white on the butterfly background (yep, I tend to do this a lot!).  So I decided to colour random butterflies with 2 different glimmermists, which meant I had to pull the papers & embellies back off the page (yep, I tend to do this sort of thing a lot if I'm not happy with it!).  So again, I laid the template back over the page & then brushed the glimmermist on with a small paint brush.  Surprisingly, this didn't affect the script stamping...I thought that it may have made the stamping run & smudge, but nope, it was all fine :)  I then finished off the background work by adding a few random flicks of slate glimmermist....and then I placed all my layers & embellies back into place on the page to finish it all off :)
 
 
Here are a few close ups....
 

The main cluster with some of the leafy diecuts from the Collectables pack  as the base of the cluster - this has been one of my most favourite Collectables pack EVER - there are just so many pieces in this pack that are so ME :)...also some Petaloo, Manor House & Kaisercraft flowers.
 
 

I've used a 2Crafty Ornate Oval Frame to frame my photo....adding some modelling paste for texture, then painting it in Liquid Pearls for a lovely pearly sheen, & I then finished it off with a light coat of painted Wheatfield glimmermist.  To the left of the frame I've used one of the clock face diecuts from the Collectables pack with a butterfly sticker from the sticker sheet layered on top.
 
 

A few of the banner stickers from the sticker sheet.
 
 

For the title I've used the black alpha stickers from the TC Far & Away sticker sheet, plus the word Love from the 2Crafty ATC word pack, that I first coated in gesso & then coloured with a grey gelato.
 
 

Here is a close up of the butterflies with the stamping & some painted in glimmermist.
 
 

And here's a bit of a close up to show the layers of papers, all distressed & inked for more definition & depth...plus one of the diecut banners from the Collectables pack.
 
 
 

And as always....a close up of the main area of the page.
The pic is of my Mum & Dad, who are still together & going strong after 53 years of marriage <3
 
 
I hope you have enjoyed your visit today & have been inspired by my
creations using both of these collections this month :)
 
Until next time...take care & happy scrapping.
Linda xx
 
 
Photobucket
 
Products used:
 
Bay of Martyrs
Teresa Collins - Far & Away paper - Ephemera
Teresa Collins - Far & Away paper - Damask
Teresa Collins - Far & Away paper - Word Labels
Teresa Collins - Far & Away paper - Notecards
Teresa Collins - Far & Away paper - Chevron
Teresa Collins - Far & Away - Die Cut Accessory Sheet
Teresa Collins - Far & Away paper - Sticker Sheet
Green Tara - Gardenia - Red
Green Tara - Apple Blossom - Cream
Green Tara - Cherry Blossom - Blue
2Crafty - Chipboard - Summer Leaf Stem
American Crafts - Thickers
Crafters Workshop - 12x12 Template - Quarterfoil
Kaisercraft - Texture Stamp - Tiny Dots
Tattered Angels - Glimmermist - Denim Blue
Tattered Angels - Glimmermist - Scarlet
Prima - Chalk Ink - Black Coal
 
 
True Love
Kaisercraft - Limelight paper - Dawn
Kaisercraft - Limelight paper - Bright
Kaisercraft - Limelight paper - Learn
Kaisercraft - Limelight paper - Arise
Kaisercraft - Limelight paper - One's Journey
Kaisercraft - Limelight  - Collectables Pack
Kaisercraft - Limelight - Sticker Sheet
Kaisercraft - Stencil - Flutter
Kaisercraft - Texture Stamp - Script
Kaisercraft - Paper Blooms - Honey
2Crafty - Chipboard - Frame Oval Ornate
2Crafty - Chipboard - ATC words
Petaloo - Penny Lane Mixed Blossoms - Antique Green
Manor House Creations - Sugar & Spice - Cream
Dylusions - Ink Spray - White Linen
Tattered Angels - Glimmermist - Wheatfields
Tattered Angels - Glimmermist - Honey Dew
Tattered Angels - Glimmermist - Slate
Prima - Chalk Ink - Tin Can
Echo Park - This & That Charming - Decorative Brads
Tim Holtz - Liquid Pearls - White Opal
Tim Holtz - Distress Ink - Black Soot
Mont Marte - Modelling Paste
Faber-Castell - Gelatos
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous, fabulous pagees....love how much variety you've got using them....looove those colours in the travel one & fancy! 51 years of marriage. Whew! makes me tired just thinking about it!!!

    ReplyDelete