HOMEABOUT USSHOP HERECROPDATESCURRENT CHALLENGESTIPS&TUTORIALS

Friday, March 21, 2014

Teresa Collins Far & Away by Linda Eggleton

Hi there everyone....happy Friday & welcome to the blog!
 
Today I'm back to share 2 more layouts using Teresa Collins Far & Away collection.
  The thickness & texture in TC papers is fabulous and makes them such a pleasure to work with!
I love the red, white, cream, grey & blue in this collection, and although I've mostly used them for travel photos (which you all probably know by now, it's what I scrap the most), this range would also go perfectly for any type of photos that suited these colours, as you'll see in my 2nd layout :)
 
My 1st layout is based on the 15th March Stuck sketch.
 
"Poulnabrone Dolmen"
 
I've used the Maps paper for my background and chose to not add any background work as the paper is fairly busy, except for a few splashes of scarlet glimmermist that I added after I'd finished the page, as I felt it needed a little touch of red added to it....then I've layered bits of PP that matched in with the colours of the photos.
 
 
I've added a small cluster of flowers, diecuts & the arrow piece cut from the word labels paper to the top right of the photos.
 
 
 
These are banner pieces, slightly overlapping each other from both the sticker & diecut sheets.
 
 
 
And some more of the 2Crafty chevron bits that are inked in black.  I love that this pack of chevrons has so many pieces & different sizes too....plus those outlined/negative bits are a fav!
 
 
 
Across the top of the page is the scalloped border strip from the sticker sheet with a few scrap strips layered on top.  Also some strip journaling that I cut from the throw away bits from around the diecut sheet.  I also cut the Chevron PP (just below the journaling) to the shape of the chevrons to help highlight them & create more interest to the page.
 
 
 
And some more journaling a the bottom of the page - telling a brief history of the Poulnabrone tomb
 
 
 
And here is an overall shot of the main area of the page where you can see the photos & details of the layers better.  The small rectangle piece with the date is cut from the Word Labels PP...which also has a heap of other travel related words & symbols.
 
 
 
Now for the 2nd layout....
 
"Selfie fail ?"
 
For this layout I've used white cardstock as the base with some stamped stencil work using CW chickenwire template, with some added ink stamping as well.
 
I sprayed the chickenwire template with some Scarlet GM inside an old pizza box.  I then flipped the template over & laid it onto my white cardstock, carefully pressing it down slightly to make sure the GM transfered onto the cardstock.  I then worked out where my papers would go & added some random stamping using Kaisercraft chevron stamp, and to finish the background off, I've added a few small flicks of Denim Blue Glimmermist.
 
 

Another cluster with Green Tara & Kaisercraft flowers, a Flutterby flair & punched butterfly.
 
 

These are more word strips cut from the Word Labels paper, plus one of the tab stickers from the sticker sheet.  Plus you can get a bit of a looksie at the stamped stencil work on the background.


 
More stickers that I have trimmed down to create a little banner.  Some using the top wider part of the banner and others using the longer thin part ....and I've overlapped them slightly when placing them onto the layout.
 
 

Some more of the background work & a quick simple title using the alpha stickers from the sticker sheet.
 
 

And here is a bit of a close up of the main area of the layout.
I've used some 2Crafty filmstrip that I inked in black & poked in under the sides of my photo....me and my pooch Oscar, who I'd swear hates the camera!  Unless you have food to bribe him with, he will never look at the camera...LOL
 
 
That's it from me today.....Thanks so much for visiting :)
I hope you have been inspired by this gorgeous, versatile collection.
 
Linda x
 
 
Photobucket
 
Products used:
 
Poulnabrone Dolmen
Teresa Collins - Far & Away paper - Maps
Teresa Collins - Far & Away paper - Postcards
Teresa Collins - Far & Away paper - Word Labels
Teresa Collins - Far & Away paper - Notecards
Teresa Collins - Far & Away paper - Damask
Teresa Collins - Far & Away paper - Chevron
Teresa Collins - Far & Away - Die Cut sheet
Teresa Collins - Far & Away paper - Sticker sheet
Green Tara - Gardenia - Red
Green Tara - Cherry Blossom - Blue
Green Tara - Cherry Blossom - White 
2Crafty - Chipboard - Chevron Bits
Prima - Chalk Ink - Black Coal
Tattered Angels - Glimmermist - Scarlet
Basic Grey - Micro alpha stickers
 
Selfie Fail?
Bazzill Cardstock - White
Bazzill Cardstock - Raven
Teresa Collins - Far & Away paper - Damask
Teresa Collins - Far & Away paper - Postcards
Teresa Collins - Far & Away paper - Notecards
Teresa Collins - Far & Away paper - Damask
Teresa Collins - Far & Away paper - Chevron
Teresa Collins - Far & Away paper - Sticker sheet
2Crafty - Chipboard - Film Strip (small)
Green Tara - Gardenia - Red
Green Tara - Cherry Blossom - Blue
Kaisercraft - Paper Bloom - Honey
Flutterby Designs - Flair Button - Design 148
Crafters Workshop - Template - Chickenwire
Kaisercraft - Texture Stamp - Chevron
Tattered Angels - Glimmermist - Denim Blue
Tattered Angels - Glimmermist - Scarlet
Martha Stewart - Butterfly punch
Tim Holtz - Distress Ink - Black Soot
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic pages Linda, love the selfie one :) Great use of the travel range for a non travel page too, beautiful! x

    ReplyDelete