HOMEABOUT USSHOP HERECROPDATESCURRENT CHALLENGESTIPS&TUTORIALS

Friday, February 21, 2014

Heidi Swapp Vintage Chic - by Linda Eggleton

Hi everyone....happy Friday & welcome to the blog today :)
 
I am back to share another layout using Heidi Swapp's "Vintage Chic" collection,
and my layout is based on the Feb Once Upon a Sketch challenge.
 
I absolutely adore the colours & patterns in this range,
they are perfect for any type of layout & are such a joy to create with :))))
 
 
"Addicted to travel"
(yep, I truly am!)
 
 
For this layout, I've backed my layout onto a piece of Kraft CS & then punched
 randomly around the edges of the spotted paper (Beautiful Songs) and trimmed
 down the edges slightly so that the kraft created a border/frame around the outside of the page.

I've created a cluster of Green Tara, Petaloo & Kaisercraft flowers, along with a
 Flutterby flair & 2Crafty chipboard.
 

 Here you can see the cluster from a different angle...plus some of the
 2Crafty Chevron bits
 

 And some more 2Crafty chevron bits, newsprint washi tape & more
 Green Tara & Kaisercraft flowers
 

Brads....I am loving using brads on my pages lately...they really are a
fabulous staple embellishment!  And I've stamped around the brads in places using gesso & a toilet roll and also a smaller cardboard roll (that I can't remember what it's off)....as well as glimmermist in spots.
 

My title, using more of the alpha stickers from last months kit -  they go so
 perfectly with this collection!
 

And some journaling....straight onto the background paper
I usually write my journaling out lightly in pencil before going over it with a
 journal pen - that way you can make sure it fits where you want it to, and get an
 idea of how it will look.
 

And here is an overall view. 
Pics were taken from our plane trip last year as we were
coming  in to land at Dubai.
 
 
 
I also have a card to share using this fab collection....
 
 
Using leftover pieces that are layered as banners plus some diecut pieces cut with my
Cuttlebug.... with a gorgeous Green Tara azalea on top.
 
I didn't add a sentiment to this one yet, as it will just be going into my card stash for now &
then when it eventually gets given to someone, I'll add an appropriate sentiment then.
 

 
And here is a close up of the layered diecuts & azalea
 
Thank you so much for dropping by and I hope you've been inspired by this gorgeous collection!
Linda xx
 
 
Photobucket
 
Products used:
"Addicted to travel"
Heidi Swapp - Vintage Chic paper - Beautiful Songs
Heidi Swapp - Vintage Chic paper - Worldwide
Heidi Swapp - Vintage Chic paper - Textbook
Bazzill Cardstock - Kraft
Love my Tapes - Washi Tape - Newsprint
2Crafty - Chipboard - Chevron Bits
2Crafty - Chipboard - Ornate Buckles
Flutterby Designs - Flair Button - Design 148
Echo Park - This & That Charming - Decorative Brads
Green Tara - Azaleas - White
Green Tara - Apple Blossoms - White/Turquoise
Green Tara - Apple Blossoms - Ivory
Petaloo - Penny Lane - Botanica collection
Kaisercraft - Paper blooms - Honey
Kaisercraft - Mini Paper Blooms - Sage
Simple Stories - I {heart} Summer - Expressions Cardstock Stickers
Tattered Angels - Glimmermist - Crushed Shells
Sassafras Las - Alpha Stickers
Mont Marte - Gesso
Faber-Castell Gelatos
Martha Stewart - Border Punch
 
 
Card
Heidi Swapp - Vintage Chic paper - Beautiful Songs
Heidi Swapp - Vintage Chic paper - Just dots
Heidi Swapp - Vintage Chic paper - Textbook
Heidi Swapp - Vintage Chic paper - Worldwide
Green Tara - Azaleas - White
Die-Namics - Die - Decorative Doily Duo
Memory Box - Die - Locina Buckle
 
 
 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Love your travel pages Linda, photo on this one is great. Love the background work with the rolls and gesso, very effective. Great page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing background on this Linda, love the colour combo and your journaling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just a beautiful layout Linda I love it... great background with the circles and the brads... Love seeing your layouts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous page....those circles look delish & brads....great fun addition.....& your card is really, really lovely....the idea of adding the sentiment later...I am soo NOT a lateral thinker...great idea.....now pinched!!! TFS:):):)

    ReplyDelete