HOMEABOUT USSHOP HERECROPDATESCURRENT CHALLENGESTIPS&TUTORIALS

Friday, November 27, 2020

Beyond Words Using Cocoa Vanilla Studio Daydream By Kerryn Fry

Hello everyone!
Today I'm sharing another page created with
beautiful collection, Cocoa Vanilla Studio Daydream.
The colours in the photo worked perfectly
with the palette in this range.
The gorgeous girls in the photo are two of my nieces
at another niece's 21st celebration.

Surprise, surprise, no cardstock in my page this week.
I have used to papers from the collection to create the base.
Sun shower is the yellow border paper,
I've cut out a 9" square from the centre of the paper
and will keep that piece aside for another page.
The main paper is Sweet Serenity
An awesome mixed media printed background
that blends all of the colours in the collection together.


The top embellishment cluster has been created from hand cut elements,
the flowers are from the Garden Variety paper 
and the butterfly from the All Aflutter paper.
I've used foam tape to lift the elements.


I've used the Happy Place paper to hand cut elements
to add to the top of the photo and add the small hearts to the page.
These elements have been lifted with foam tape.
The main base paper has been highlighted 
with a scalloped border using a white pen.
I've also drawn a fake stitched border around the photo.


The 2 Crafty Heart Arrow has been given a coat of gesso
And then swiped with Chipped Sapphire Distress Paint.
I have backed the heart with patterned paper
and stuck it down on a hand cut flower cluster.


The journal tag is from the Cardstock Stickers,
it has been added with foam tape for dimension
and then I've added some string to tie a bow.


The cluster to the left side of the photo has been created
with more hand cut elements from the patterned papers.
The rainbow was cut from Up in the Clouds,
the flower is from Garden Variety
and the row of hearts and word 'beautiful'
have been cut from Happy Place.


The 2 Crafty title Beyond Words was coated with gesso
and then lightly swiped with Chipped Sapphire Distress Paint.
The light layer of paint has let the white gesso 
show through the paint, giving a rustic finish.


Thanks for visiting the blog today.
I hope my page has inspired you to create this weekend.
Please join us again on Monday for Fiona's next page.

Products used:


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment