HOMEABOUT USSHOP HERECROPDATESCURRENT CHALLENGESTIPS&TUTORIALS

Wednesday, June 21, 2017

"You make me happy", by Amanda H.

Hi everyone!
 
Who else is a huge Tim Holtz fan!?!? We love his colours and his products, and are always keen to try out his new stuff. The new Distress Oxide ink pads are really interesting to work with, and today's page will showcase a few ways to try the inks!
 
Here is the final page, but I have also included some photos of the different techniques I have tried.
 
 
A simple page, starting with a sheet of White cardstock, but layers of colours added with the Tim Holtz Distress Oxides, but also some Cocoa Vanilla Wild at Heart embellishments.
 
In my page I used the Distress Oxides in Cracked Pistachio (the mint) and Faded Jeans (the blue). I also heat set (using my heat gun) each layer of colour I added.
 
 

Firstly I used a Ranger blending tool to add Cracked Pistachio to the white cardstock background.
  

Next, I put a Tim Holtz stencil over the colour and sprayed with water.


The inks react with water. So adding water makes variations in the colours of the ink.
 It looks pretty cool!


Next I used Faded Jeans Ink pad and KC script stamp to do some random 
stamping on the page.


Adding some sprays of water softens and melts the stamped images.


Pressing the Faded Jeans ink pad onto a surface, then adding a squirt of water, creates
 a liquid form of the ink. I was able to use this to add splatters all over the page.


Similarly with the Cracked Pistachio, adding some ink and water, I can make a liquid form 
of the ink, which I used for splatters and to paint an edge around the entire page.


Lastly, I used some IndigoBlue circle stamps with the Distress Oxides to stamp circles
 on the page. Again a little water to the stamped images creates a soften, watery effect.

I did do some water and white paint splatters right at the end of creating the page.

Now let's see the final page again and some close ups.


Finishing the page, I used the 2Crafty Viney Circle Frame around the photo and then added some Cocoa Vanilla Wild at Heart embellishments. 

I inked the Viney Circle Frame with the Faded Jeans Distress Oxide. Some water splatters on the chipboard at the end, gave it a soft mottled effect.


In this cluster, I used some diecuts from the Wild At Heart Ephemera pack, as well as a Flair Button and Rubber charm. Combined with some muslin & thread from my stash, a white heart from the Pink Paislee Thickers set and glitter enamel dot, it looks sweet!



More of the beautiful bits and pieces in this cluster!

I also used a black Kaisercraft mini paper bloom, which I rubbed in the Cracked Pistachio Distress Oxide to add some extra colour to the black flower. The ink colour adds to black really well!

 
And more!




I love the mixed effect  of colours the Distress Oxides create in the background!

We'd love to see what effects you can come up with on your latest projects!

Products used:

Papers:

2Crafty Chipboard:

Embellishments:

Mediums/ Tools:

Thanks for looking today!
Amanda

 
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment