HOMEABOUT USSHOP HERECROPDATESCURRENT CHALLENGESTIPS&TUTORIALS

Wednesday, June 28, 2017

"Smile" featuring KC Daydreamer, by Amanda H

Hello AAS fans!
 
Another Wednesday ticks over and you've got me on the blog again!
 
Today I have teamed some papers and embellishments from the Kaisercraft Daydreamer collection with some 2 Crafty chipboard, for this sweet page of my sweet daughter. She is my oldest girl and has just turned 14, and she is every bit as sweet as she looks in these birthday photos (most of the time!).
 
Here is the page and some close ups:
 

Somehow the KC Whimsical paper from the Daydreamer range screamed at me as an easy and perfect background paper for these photos. This paper was really interesting, with some "faux" painted effects, which I incorporated into the overall design of the page.

I also matted the photos on some the KC Yolo paper, using the soft pinkish tones on the back side of the paper. I also layered a piece of the KC Stargaze paper, behind the photos. On either side of the photos I cut one of the 2 Crafty Hessian Patches chipboard, which I had inked black. I love the extra layer of detail it adds!

Even though the Daydreamer range has pink tones, I decided to incorporate purple into the page to match the colours in the photos.

In the close ups, you will see how I have used 2Crafty chipboard and some Kaisercraft embellishments to finish the page.



I did a little jump for joy when I noticed that the 2 Crafty Miniature Circle Frames were the PERFECT size to frame the circle stickers from the KC Sticker sheet. I used some purple embossing powder from my stash to heat emboss these circles, and then stuck them to frame the circle stickers. While I was embossing, I also embossed some of the wood veneer pieces (hearts and "awesome" word) from the KC Wood Flourish pack. Some circles and hearts were simply inked black with a coat of Dimensional Magic for the shiny finish.

Throughout my page I used stickers (arrows, words and sentence strips) from the KC Sticker sheet.

On this side you can see another circle-sticker-heart combo.

In the top cluster, I have used more stickers, hearts and circles, but I have also added one of the very cool rubber charms from the Cocoa Vanilla Studio Wild at Heart collection

 For something a little extra, I used some purple spray from my stash to colour some white Kaisercraft mini paper blooms.





The final touches were a few purple sequins as well as some subtle purple and black splatters.


Products used:

Papers:

2Crafty Chipboard:

Embellishments:


Thank you for looking today!

Amanda


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment