HOMEABOUT USSHOP HERECROPDATESCURRENT CHALLENGESTIPS&TUTORIALS

Friday, May 30, 2014

Last layouts with Storyteller & The Pier - By Linda Eggleton

Hi everyone...welcome & happy Friday to you all :)
 
Today I am back to share 2 more layout's that I've created for my May DT work
 
First up is this layout using Kaisercraft Storyteller collection <3
 
"Anchor of the Marie Gabrielle"
My layout is based on the Kaisercraft #2 May sketch
 
I've used one of the plainer papers for my background (Feature), and added some background work. 
I first did some stencilling using a Heidi Swapp chevron stencil & modelling paste...and then added some stamping over the top using Kaisercraft's Hexagon stamp & some Prima chalk ink.
 
I've also created a bit of a border around the outer edge using the orange side of the Myth paper.
All edges have been distressed with the blade of my scissors & then inked
to give a rustic feel to the page.
 
 

A small cluster consisting of diecuts from the Collectables pack, Kaisercraft blooms
& a 2Crafty butterfly.
 
 

I've added some strip journaling between the two photos & my title at the bottom.
 
 

Another small cluster on the side of the page - again with layered diecuts & blooms, plus there's a super old Kaisercraft brad from my stash.
 
 

Here you can see some of the stencil & stamping work a bit better....with one of the diecuts cut in half & both pieces poking out from the top of the paper layers.
 
 

And here is an overall view. 
Pics are of moi at Wreck Beach on The Great Ocean Road at the site of the
Marie Gabrielle shipwreck.
 
 
 
 
My 2nd layout is using Crate Paper The Pier collection 
I know I have said it so many times, but yep, this one is oh.so.versatile. 
I've done another carnival/fun park themed page for this one. 
 
"Beach House Ferrish Wheel"
Based on the May sketch at Grand Diva's
 
I've used the Ferris Wheel paper (how appropriate...lol) for my background & I just love it's bold red chevrons, so again, no background work for this one.
 
 

A small cluster of flowers (of course!), brad & a few little hearts.
The yellow flower was actually white, and I've coloured it by lightly inking around the edges, then using a wet brush I blended the colour to give it a more natural look.  The little cork heart is from Studio Calico & available in store - they are so cute!
 
 

I've layered a mix of papers & stickers under my photos & hand cut some little banners from the Splash paper.
 
 

More stickers that I've layered and are poking out at the top of my paper layers.
The little veneer camera by Studio Calico is simply inked straight onto the bare veneer - quick & easy!  The brown alpha stickers are from Studio Calico too...just love the woodgrain finish on them!
 
 

Here is a couple of 2Crafty chevrons (yep, I still have some of these left after using them on so many of my pages over the past few months - so they are really great value!)  The chevrons have been coloured with gelatos & ink.  Another fab piece cut from the Splash pp - A Ferris wheel ticket :)
 
 

Pics were taken by my DD on a trip last year down to Adelaide...the Beach House Ferris Wheel at Glenelg.  They are both the same photo, I have just altered one by mirroring it in an editing program...and I love how it has created a heart shape when the photos were put together <3
 
 
Anyways...that is all from me for today, and for this month. 
I hope you have enjoyed my creations using these gorgeous collections.
 
Until next time....happy scrapping :)
Linda  xx
 
 
 
Photobucket
 Products Used:
 
"Anchor of the Marie Gabrielle"
Kaisercraft - Paper Blooms - Coral
Kaisercraft - Paper Blooms - Sage
Kaisercraft - Brad
Heidi Swapp - Stencil - Chevron?
American Crafts - Thickers
Mont Marte - Modelling Paste
2Crafty - Sharon's Butterflies

"Beach House Ferris Wheel"
Basic Grey - Alpha Stickers
My Minds Eye - Brads
Mont Marte - Canvas Pad
Versa Magic - Ink - Red Magic
Versa Magic - Ink - Mango Madness
Faber-Castell - Gelatos
 

1 comment:

  1. Two stunning layout :) Love them both. You have such a distinctive style and I love it. Gorgeous photos and you showcase to perfection.

    ReplyDelete