HOMEABOUT USSHOP HERECROPDATESCURRENT CHALLENGESTIPS&TUTORIALS

Friday, May 16, 2014

Kaisercraft Storyteller - By Linda Eggleton

Hi everyone & welcome to the blog today :)
 
I have a couple of layouts to share using the beautiful Kaisercraft Storyteller collection,
 which I really LOVE!  Again, Kaisercraft have come up with another great
 collection...the colours & patterns are just gorgeous & so very versatile.
 
First up is this layout that I've created using the
Scrap Around The World May moodboard as my inspiration.

"Cherish"
 

Ive gone for something with clean straight lines for this one, and I've kept the background as
 is - the patterns are just gorgeous, so I didn't want to go changing them.
 
 I've added some machine stitching down the edges of 2 of the paper layers...and gone for a black & white photo as the colours in the photo clashed with the colours of the papers. 
 
 
  
I've clustered a few Manor House & Kaisercraft flowers, with some Collectables diecuts & a piece of 2Crafty Heidi's vine that I've cut up & then coloured with Gelatos. 
 
 
 
I've also used small pieces of Jillibean Soup lattice placemat in under my photo layers.
I've randomly cut the edges of the lattice so that it wasn't neat straight lines.
 
 
 
Another cluster of Manor House & Kaisercraft flowers....along with a canvas heart that I cut using a Dienamics heart die & a piece of canvas from a canvas pad I picked up at one of the cheap shops...I've then coloured it with gelatos.
 
 
I also matted the photo onto a piece of brown Storyteller paper (Anecdote) to help it pop off the rest of the paper layers. This is something I haven't done in quite a while, yet is also something that I found really difficult to break the habit of doing years ago.
 
 
 
 
"The 12 Apostles"

I have purposely picked out the gorgeous blue papers from this collection
to help co-ordinate with my photo of the 12 Apostles, and the fact that there is a
little hint of a golden yellow there on the main background piece was an added bonus
to tie in with the colours in the photo.
 
I created a border on my page using the floral side of the History paper....marking the corners where the top confession paper would sit, then I cut out the centre of the History paper making sure to leave plenty of room inside the markings I made, so that there is enough area to adhere the top Confession paper.  I then machine stitched around the inside of the Confession paper.
 
 

I've added some paper blooms, collectables diecuts & some pearl flourishes to create my main cluster....and there's also a Green Tara flower in there as well. 
 
 

And another smaller cluster of the same products
 
 
 
My title using a mix of AC Thickers....and again I've used the Jillibean Soup lattice placemat in behind my photo....this time keeping it with nice straight lines.  I also slightly & randomly coloured the lattice piece using wheatfields glimmermist, by dipping a small brush into the bottle & lightly brushing it over the placemat piece.
 
 
 

And here is an overall view of the main area of the page.
 
 
Thanks so much for dropping by today...I hope you have enjoyed your visit :)
 
Linda xx
 
 
Photobucket
 
Products used:
 
Kaisercraft - Storyteller paper - Confession
Kaisercraft - Storyteller paper - History
Kaisercraft - Storyteller paper - Anecdote
Kaisercraft - Storyteller paper - Journal
Kaisercraft - Storyteller - Collectables
Kaisercraft - Pearl Flourish 
Kaisercraft - Paper Blooms - Iceburg
Kaisercraft - Paper Blooms - Coconut
Jillibean Soup - Placemat - White Lattice
Green Tara - Flowers
American Crafts Thickers
Tattered Angels - Glimmermist - Wheatfields
Machine Stitching
 
 
Kaisercraft - Storyteller paper - Fiction
Kaisercraft - Storyteller paper - Memoir
Kaisercraft - Storyteller paper - Journal
Kaisercraft - Storyteller paper - Reminisce
Kaisercraft - Storyteller - Collectables
Kaisercraft - Paper Blooms - Sage
Kaisercraft - Paper Blooms - Coral
Manor House Creations - Flowers
Jillibean Soup - Placemat - White Lattice
2Crafty - Chipboard - Heidi's Vines
Dienamics - Rustic Hearts Die
Mont Marte - Canvas sheet
Faber-Castell - Gelatos
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Both stunning pages Linda, beautiful special photo in the first one and I love the colours in the Apostles layout.

    ReplyDelete