HOMEABOUT USSHOP HERECROPDATESCURRENT CHALLENGESTIPS&TUTORIALS

Friday, January 10, 2020

My Sister My Friend using Simple Stories Hey, Crafty Girl by Kerryn Fry

Good morning all!

This week I have created my first page from the gorgeous new collection,
Simple Stories Hey, Crafty Girl.
The colours in this range are just amazing 
and they coordinate perfectly with the photo of my nieces,
especially their hair and blue eyes.

The plain Black cardstock was a great base for the bright colours.
I've layered the papers, balancing the colours and patterns.
The photo was matted with black cardstock to define the edges
and I've used foam tape to lift the photo off the page.
I've used a white pen to add a border around the largest piece of patterned paper.


The 2 Crafty Heidi Vines have been covered with Peeled Paint
and Wild Honey Distress Paint.
I've added a little sparkle with Diamond Stickles.


The flowers are from the Bits & Pieces Ephemera,
I have added Diamond Stickles to the centres.
I've given the flowers a lift with foam tape. 

The journal spot was cut from the patterned paper
and decorated with more ephemera.
I've used more foam tape to lift the heart and flowers
and added a border with a black pen..


been covered with black archival ink.
The black worked well against the colourful patterned paper.


Thanks for dropping by today.
Enjoy your weekend and happy crafting.
Joining us again on Monday for Fiona's next project.
Products Used:
Bazzill Raven Cardstock
Simple Stories Hey, Crafty Girl - Create Beauty
Simple Stories Hey, Crafty Girl - DIY Queen
Simple Stories Hey, Crafty Girl - Made with Love
Simple Stories Hey, Crafty Girl - Say What?
Simple Stories Hey, Crafty Girl - So Artsy
Simple Stories Hey, Crafty Girl - Bits & Pieces Ephemera
2 Crafty title My Sister My Friend
2 Crafty Heidi Vines
Distress Paints
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment