HOMEABOUT USSHOP HERECROPDATESCURRENT CHALLENGESTIPS&TUTORIALS

Friday, April 28, 2017

"Beautiful Smile" with Kaisercraft Wildflower by Kerryn Fry

Hello and welcome back to the AAS blog this lovely Friday morning.
 
I thought I would stay on my dark side of scrapbooking for another week 
and have created another girly page to showcase the gorgeous 
Kaisercraft collection Wildflower.
 
This week I went for black & white photos to allow the pretty colours in these 
pattered papers to shine. The photos are of my gorgeous niece, 
taken while she was here on holidays earlier in the year.

This week I did a little experimenting with the background effect on the page.
I love using Bazzill Kraft cardstock as a base, but when stenciling using Distress Inks 
the inks tend to soak into the Kraft and they loose a bit of their intensity.
So I thought I would try sponging a base layer of gesso through the stencil first, let it dry 
and then I used my chosen Distress Ink colours, Aged Mahogany, Worn Lipstick 
and Abandoned Coral to create the background.
Looks pretty cool!


I have used a few of the bits and pieces from the Kaisercraft Wildflower Collectables and 
then added a few more fussy cut flowers from the patterned paper. 
Tucked into each of the clusters are some 2 Crafty Lattice Leaves painted with Distress Paints.


The good old glitter glue made another appearance this week, using Black Diamond Stickles in the flower centers and Fruit Punch to jazz up the title piece.


2 Crafty chipboard 2017 also featured on the page covered with Aged Mahogany Distress Paint.


That's all from me today.
I hope you have been inspired to try something different with the background of your pages 
and may you all have a wonderful weekend.

Products Used:
Bazzill Kraft Cardstock
Kaisercraft Wildflower Collectables
Kaisercraft Wildflower - Gathered
Kaisercraft Wildflower - In Bloom
Kaisercraft Wildflower - Vines
Kaisercraft Wildflower - Wings
2 Crafty Lattice Leaves
2 Crafty 2017
Distress Inks
Distress Paints
Tombow Mono Aqua Liquid Glue
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment