HOMEABOUT USSHOP HERECROPDATESCURRENT CHALLENGESTIPS&TUTORIALS

Friday, April 22, 2016

Crate Paper's Wonder Layout
by Tammy Klingner

Hi everyone!
Happy FriYay! 
 
Today I'm here to share a layout I created with just a few pieces of paper from
 Crate Paper's Wonder Collection.
 
This layout began with the photo. 
I was sent this photo recently (taken 4 years ago) of myself and my beautiful girl. 
 I was overcome with emotion, as she looks so little! 
She is now 14 and blossoming into an amazing woman, and this photo really highlighted that for me - how much she has changed in the last four years, and how much she will continue to change in the next few.
I knew immediately I had to scrap it.
 
I wanted to go with soft colours.
You see, my girl loves strong bright colours (like me), but I wanted to go softer, as a contrast to complement and highlight the story, and the emotions I was feeling.
So I teamed some of the softer colours from the Wonder Collection with Kraft and soft pink and gold. 
I really enjoyed creating with these colours, and it was something different for me.
I couldn't  help add in some strong black though.
 
Anyway, here is the layout:
 
 
I applied gesso to my background paper, then added some soft spritz and flicks of gold.
I then layered up with papers, adding in some doilies, and 2Crafty Chipboard Clump Hearts to complement the softness.
Most of my papers were cut from the paper with the tags - I love it when a company creates a paper like this.  I sit and cut out the bits and then use them to tuck in and around my photo.
 
I discovered some Basic Grey Cork Stickers that complemented the layout, so I added them in too.
And finished it off with a few gold embellies.
 
 
I'm really glad I journalled and documented this photo!
 
For those who know my work, know that I usually create 'something' out of the leftovers on my desk, whether it be a Project Life Spread, or a card.  I find everything leftover co-ordinates so well that I can whip something up really quickly.
 
This week, I created a Card:
 
 
The only extra piece I added was the chipboard frame. 
Everything else was leftover from the layout.
 
That's it for today.
Have a lovely weekend!
Tam
xx
 
Products used:
Crate Paper Wonder Brave Paper
Crate Paper Wonder Discover Paper
My Minds Eye My Story Take Aim Paper
Crate Paper Shine Lucky Paper
2 Crafty Chipboard Clumped Hearts
Heidi Swapp Color Shine Pink
Heidi Swapp Color Shine Gold Lame
Basic Grey Sunkissed Cork Stickers
Crate Paper Hello Love Resin Gold Hearts with Words
Kaisercraft String
Kaisercraft Card - Kraft
Kraft Cardstock
Simple Stories Carpe Diem Chipboard Frames
Melissa Frances Paper Lace Doily
Teresa Collins Life Emporium Vellum Stickers
 
Photobucket

1 comment: