HOMEABOUT USSHOP HERECROPDATESCURRENT CHALLENGESTIPS&TUTORIALS

Friday, March 4, 2016

Celebrate You
by Tammy Klinger

So it's Friday already???
Where did the week go?
 
I did find time in the craziness of life to create this layout.
It's all about my son and his graduation from Primary School.  
For this layout I used a 'bit' of this, and a 'bit' of that. 
Specifically, from Fancy Pants Happy Place, and Cocoa Vanilla Made of Awesome (some of
 you may remember I created a graduation book for my son earlier this year with this range) - 
I grabbed the leftovers. 
The link to the book is HERE for those of you who missed it.
 
 
I started with a piece of kraft cardstock.  The colour matches my son's pants. 
The cardstock piece  I chose has a gorgeous wood grain pattern embossed into it.  To enhance
 this I swiped a few spots with gesso, and then added some spritz.  This really 'showed off'
 the wood grain. 
I then added some spritz, and a few layers and strips of leftover papers.
I always enjoy adding the embellishments, and finding the 'right' pieces.  I admit, I probably
 spend too long on this part, but it's so much fun!  I love rummaging through stickers, flairs, chipboard, words, etc.  I'm like a kid in a candy store!
I added some 2Crafty Chipboard Stars, as they suited the theme perfectly, and finished off
the layout. I played around painting them a few different colours, before deciding on 
embossing them in a metallic finish.
 
 
 I needed an older male birthday card this week, so whipped one up with what was sitting on
my desk after creating this layout........
 
 
I added a patterned base to the card, and then added a few strips of leftovers.  I tore a few
 edges, to prevent it from looking to 'square' and 'blocky'.  I then added a 2Crafty Chipboard
 Star, which I had embossed with a metallic finish, and a few random stickers, some thread
 and of course a few mandatory flicks of spritz!
I kept the cluster to the bottom right corner, as the paper I had used was drawing the eye to 
that focal point.  If I had put the cluster anywhere else, it would have been too 
overwhelming and confusing to the eye. 
 
I love how all the boy colours work so well together.
 
Well that's it for now, I'll see you next week!
Have a great weekend!!
Love Tam
 
 
Products used:
American Crafts Textured Cardstock - Kraft Woodgrain
Raven Bazzill
Cocoa Vanilla Made of Awesome Ephemera
Cocoa Vanilla Made of Awesome Flairs
Cocoa Vanilla Made of Awesome Paper - Awesome
Cocoa Vanilla Made of Awesome Paper - Lucky Star
Cocoa Vanilla Made of Awesome Paper - Mixed Up
Cocoa Vanilla Hello Lovely Paper - Life Story
Fancy Pants Happy Place 6x6 Paper Pad
Fancy Pants Happy Place Puffy Stickers Script Words
Pink Paislee Memorandum Paper - Labels
American Crafts Shimelle True Stories Paper - Espresso
Heidi Swapp Color Shine - Navy
Dylusions Ink Spray - Postbox Red 
2Crafty Stars
Bella Boulevard Just Add Color Treasure and Text Stickers
Gesso
Thread
Aged Silver Metallic Emboss Powder
 
Photobucket

1 comment: