HOMEABOUT USSHOP HERECROPDATESCURRENT CHALLENGESTIPS&TUTORIALS

Friday, January 2, 2015

Prima Epiphany - By Linda Eggleton

Hello everyone & Happy New Year!!!
I hope everyone has had an amazing Christmas & wish you all a safe & happy 2015.
 
 
Today I have a layout to share using the stunning Epiphany collection from Prima,
and I have to say, that it has been a joy to work with these beautiful papers & patterns.
Sometimes these kinds of papers scare me...lol!  I don't know what it is, perhaps it's the patterns of the papers, or that there's not much of a variety of colours?  I don't know exactly what it is, but I have been pleasantly surprised and loving my finished pages so far....and I think I may have started to overcome my fear of them & have learnt that it is easy enough to add your own colours in both background work & embellishments.  These types of papers are really just like a blank canvas for us to add our own little touch to :)
 
 
" Fun Lovin' "
 
I have used the reverse side of the "words to live by" paper - which is a fairly plain paper, but has a soft subtle dusty pink flourishy kind of pattern over it.  It also has a kind of white-wash effect that covers some of the pattern.  It is a really beautiful paper, hence the reason
I've used it for my background :) 
 
I added some light random stamping to compliment the colours in the photo - Kaisercraft Morocco stamp used with a Blueberry Gelato.  Then I mixed some Butter Cream Gelato with water & used some scrunched up gladwrap to randomly dab it around the page, and also splashed a few drops of different colours mists around as well, before adding a bit of texture with one of the new Memory Box stencil's - Scraped Paint.  I love the soft subtle effect this stencil gives.
 
(see list of products at the bottom of this post with links to each product in the AAS store)
 
 

The flowers that are part of this collection are truly beautiful!  I've used a couple on the page & have mixed them with some Green Tara flowers as well.  I cut one of the gorgeous birdcages from the "At this moment" paper to add into the cluster of flowers....and there's also one of the Epiphany wooden icons, which is a cute little bow.
 
 

I started off by cutting out some of the postcard type patterns from the same "Words to live by" paper (I'm lucky enough to have 2 of each paper, so I get to use both sides), and then layered them in under the photo and also added some other pieces, including the cut off strips from the bottom of the papers....plus there's some pieces from the Ephemera pack too.
 
It's a bit hard to see here, but hopefully you can see the effect of the scraped paint stencil on the background.
 
 

For the main cluster, again I've used Epiphany & Green Tara flowers, along with more of the wooden icons - the little birdcage, the key & the black circular frame.  The ephimera pack also comes with a few metal pieces, and I've used the little clock face that I've placed in the centre of the black frame.
 



Here is another view of the stamping & stencil work.
 
 
 

The beautiful heart frame is a 2Crafty piece - Hand-Drawn Heart Frame....and comes in a pack of 2.
I have used the larger one & have coated it with Gesso, then coloured it with
Kaisercraft Petal Pink ink.
 
 
This really is a BEAUTIFUL paper collection, and I hope you have been inspired by it.
Thanks so much for dropping by to see my work :)
 
Until next time....Happy Scrapping! xx
 
 
Photobucket
 
Prima Marketing - Epiphany paper - Words to live by
Prima Marketing - Epiphany paper - At this moment
Prima Marketing - Epiphany paper - Manifestation of love
Prima Marketing - Epiphany - Ephemera
Prima Marketing - Epiphany Flowers - Paper Manifest
Prima Marketing - Epiphany - Wood Icons
Green Tara - Apple Blossoms - Ivory
Green Tara - Gardenias - Pink
Green Tara - Cherry Blossoms - Blue
Green Tara - Cherry Blossoms - Pale pink
2Crafty - Chipboard - Hand-drawn Heart Frame
Flutterby Designs - Flair - Design 200
Memory Box - Stencil - Texture Scraped Paint
Kaisercraft - Texture Stamp - Morocco
Tattered Angels - Glimmermists
Prima Marketing - Chalk Ink - Pastel Blue
Prima Marketing - Alpha Stickers
Kaisercraft - Ink Pad - Petal Pink
Modelling Paste
Gesso
Faber-Castell Gelatos
Punchinella
 
 

1 comment: