HOMEABOUT USSHOP HERECROPDATESCURRENT CHALLENGESTIPS&TUTORIALS

Friday, July 19, 2019

My Sunshine using Simple Stories Simple Vinatge Traveler by Kerryn Fry


Happy Friday Everyone!
Today's project is the second created with the fabulous collection,
The black & white photos look great with this soft colour palette.
I've been in the archives again this week,
going way back to 2005 and Harry learning to swim.


I have started with my usual kraft cardstock base.
Then the background effect was built with layers of Distress Oxide Inks,
different stencils and both foam & clear stamps.
I've used Oxides in Wild Honey, Storm Sky and Dried Marigold,
some water and packaging.
Once dry, I have stencilled with white ink 
and Wild Honey Distress Ink.


The Sun has come from the 2 Crafty Weather Bits,
it has been covered with Tea Dye Distress Paint
and finished with Dimensional Magic
The stamping layer includes using Kaisercraft Tiny Dots
and foam stamps in crosses and circles.


I have hand cut the splashes from the green with white spots paper Hello World.
They have been added to the page with foam tape
and then I have applied a layer of Dimensional Magic for a wet look.
I've also added a few spots of Dimension Magic to the base for further splashes.


The 2 Crafty Tahnya's 6" border has been covered with Picket Fence Distress Paint 
and then finished with Dimensional Magic.
It was added to the top of the photos to draw the eyes to the centre.


was painted with Antiqued Bronze Distress Paint.
It has been used under the photos to run across the page,
I have added a strip from the paper Off The Grid to sit across the chipboard.


I have embellished the page with different size flags.
The larger flags have been hand cut from the 6x4 Elements paper 
and the smaller flags from the 2x2 Elements paper.


The 'wild & free' square was also hand cut from the 2x2 Elements paper.
I've used foam tape to give the square a lift.


The 2 Crafty title My Sunshine was covered with Tea Dye Distress Paint.
Then given a coat of Dimensional Magic.
I like the shiny finish of the different elements to work in with the water theme.


That's all from me today.
I hope you have enjoyed the process of the page.
Have a fabulous weekend
and please join us again on Monday for Fiona's next project.

Products Used:


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment