HOMEABOUT USSHOP HERECROPDATESCURRENT CHALLENGESTIPS&TUTORIALS

Friday, August 24, 2018

Dwell in Possibility using Simple Stories Lil Dude by Kerryn Fry

Good morning all!
Today I'm sharing my second page created with the 
cool collection, Simple Stories Lil' Dude.
The colours have worked perfectly with the photo.
Mr 14 playing in a baseball development tournament,
he looks so grown up!
 
The page started with a Bazzill White Cardstock base.
Once I had worked out my basic page design, I've added Distress Oxide
using a plastic wrapper and water to the cardstock.
Broken China, Twisted Citron and Blueprint Sketch were
added to two focal points of the background.
Once dry, I have added splatters of the colours,
some black paint splatters and stamping.


I have doodled borders around some elements using a black pen.
I love the pop of the paper No Limits, 
the bright blue picks up the main colour in the photo.
I've kept some white space in the page.


I've hand-cut a few of the elements from the papers 
to add to the clusters around the photos.
Foam tape is used to create depth in the layers.
The Bits & Pieces elements helped to build the clusters.


The rainbow frame from the Bits & Pieces page was used to 
draw the eyes to Mr 14 in the photo.
A handy tip when there are others in the photo.


The journal strip has been hand-cut from 4x6 Elements paper.
I've used more foam tape to add that extra layer 
at the bottom of the photo.


The 2 Crafty title was painted with Blueprint Sketch Distress Paint.
After the paint had dried, I have stamped using the Texture stamp and white ink.
Trying to match the patterned paper.

Bright and bold, love it!
Thanks for visiting the AAS blog today.
Hope you have enjoyed the process.
Have a fabulous weekend and 
please join us again on Monday morning for Fiona's next project.
Products Used:
Bazzill White Cardstock
Simple Stories Lil' Dude - No Limits
Simple Stories Lil' Dude - Play Hard
Simple Stories Lil' Dude - 2x2 Elements
Simple Stories Lil' Dude - Little Man
Simple Stories Lil' Dude - Boys Rule
Simple Stories Lil' Dude - 4x6 Elements
Simple Stories Lil' Dude - 4x4 Elements
Simple Stories Lil' Dude - Bits & Pieces
2 Crafty title Dwell in Possibilty
Distress Oxide Ink
Distress Paint
Kaisercraft Texture Stamp - Grid
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment