HOMEABOUT USSHOP HERECROPDATESCURRENT CHALLENGESTIPS&TUTORIALS

Friday, April 2, 2021

Striker using Simple Stories Say Cheese Main Street By Kerryn Fry

Hi everyone!
Today I'm sharing another page created with the collection,
Simple Stories Say Cheese Main Street.
The colour palette is the stand out for this photo.
Mr H in his soccer portrait for 2019, 
he is looking so grown up.
Can you believe he plays in two different sports, 
but both uniforms have yellow in them.


The base cardstock is the heavy duty Bazzill Marshmallow.
The background effect is totally inspired by Vicki Boutin's 
Friday Night Live this past week.

The background started with yellow toned Distress Inks,
Mustard Seed, Scattered Straw and Wild Honey.
I've applied the inks to my messy mat, spritzed with some water 
and then used the cardstock to pick up the colours.
I've used a heat gun to dry the cardstock between the layers.
The remaining ink from the mat has been flicked onto the cardstock.


The next layer is with Distress Oxide Inks and stencils.
I've applied Mustard Seed and Wild Honey to the messy mat,
sprayed the inks again with water
and then put a Tim Holtz Layering Stencils into the ink.
The stencil has then been applied to the cardstock. 
Once dried, I've then used Candied Apple Distress Oxide,
an applicator and a second Tim Holtz Layering Stencil.
I've also flicked some Candied Apple onto the background. 


The background has also been stamped with Hickory Smoke
The 2 Crafty Stars are from the Weather Bits,
they've been covered with Stormy Sky Distress Paint
I've used a black pen to highlight 
the edge of the 3x4 Elements paper, yellow stripe.
The photo has been layered onto Raven Black cardstock 
to define the edges amongst the patterned papers. 


I've hand cut some embellishments from the 3x4 Elements paper.
The 'Camera with speech bubble' has been added with foam tape
and the journal card was tucked under the right side of the photo.
The words have been cut from the 4x6 Element paper.
I've separated each line and used foam tape to add it to the page.


The 2 Crafty Soccer Ball is from the 6x6 Soccer Set.
I've hand painted it with Distress Paint
and covered it with Dimensional Magic.
The 'Dreams Come True' is from the Journal Bits,
I've lifted it with foam tape to create another layer on the page.


The 2 Crafty title is a word from the 6x6 Soccer pack.
I have covered it with Hickory Smoke Distress Paint
and then finished with Dimensional Magic.


I had a ball in my creative mess this past week,
thank you for visiting the blog today
and I hope you have enjoyed the steps.
Have a wonderful Easter, enjoy the weekend
and may there be lots of creating.
Join us again on Monday for Fiona's next project.

Products used:



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment