HOMEABOUT USSHOP HERECROPDATESCURRENT CHALLENGESTIPS&TUTORIALS

Wednesday, January 23, 2019

"Go See Do", with Penelope Dee, by Amanda Hartmann

Hi again!
 
Last year, I had the chance to travel to the Netherlands again (my third visit), but this time my husband came with me. It was our first trip away without the kids in a long time. We really enjoyed the experience together. Here is my first page to share from the trip. I used the Penelope Dee "Wanderlust" collection. It was a perfect range to start documenting our trip.
 
Here is my page:
 
I started with 3 paper layers for the base. At the back was the Journey paper, then Kraft paper, and on top the Adventures paper. I inked all the edges black.
This Adventures paper was a mix of patterns and designs, like an antique scrapbook. I decided this pattern made an interesting backing! Perfect!
For the photo, I mounted it with a few different layers: Black cardstock, more Journey paper, and Kraft paper.
The last major element to my page using the Penelope Dee collection was using the Wander paper. It had strips of black words. I decided to hand cut some of these and scatter them on the page. These black words really pulled the page together!
Around the photo, I used a 2 Crafty Messy Frame. And I got messy colouring the chipboard with a mix of gesso, sprays and inks. I worked until I got the colours right to match the page. I finished with some Dimensional Magic and some old Prima Mica flakes.

In the top left corner of the photo, I used a 2 Crafty Hot air balloon. It got the same paint-mica flakes - Dimensional magic treatment.
Next to the photo, I created a journaling spot. I stamped a circle journal spot on the Journey paper and hand cut it and tucked it under the corner of the photo.  You can also see how I used the hand cut black words from the  Wander paper to embellish the page.
Through out my page I scattered some diecuts (in black & gold tones) from my old pack of Pinkfresh Escape the Ordinary collection.
For the title, I inked black some 2 Crafty words- go, see, do- taken from the Travel Mini Word Set 1. I placed them in the top right corner of the photo, layered on the messy frame with some black words and diecuts.
I finished the page with some gold and black ink splatters.

 
Thank you for looking today!
 
Amanda
 
 
Product Used:
Penelope Dee - Wanderlust Paper - Journey
Penelope Dee - Wanderlust Paper - Adventures
Penelope Dee - Wanderlust Paper - Wander
Kraft paper
Black cardstock
Dimensional Magic
2Crafty Frame Messy Squares 6"
2 Crafty Hot air balloon
2Crafty Travel Mini Word Set 1
Dylusions Ink Spray - Black Marble
Colour Blast - Colour Shimmer Spray - Bling
 
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment