HOMEABOUT USSHOP HERECROPDATESCURRENT CHALLENGESTIPS&TUTORIALS

Wednesday, October 24, 2018

"The last of the Sunshine", by Amanda H

Hi all,

Armed with some Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Inks, some new Darkroom door stamps, I was
 inspired to create this beachy page.
 As much as I love mixed media products, I can never hide my love for patterned paper. 
That's why I had so much fun combining both for this page.

This page consists of a few key features:
stamping,
distress oxide and colour paste background
and layering together with a few key embellishments

I had saved a few papers from the awesome Prima St Tropez collection. I started this page by stamping: I stamped the  Darkroom Door - Collage Stamp - Arty Circles onto the soft mint back side of the La Fontanette paper. Then I painstakingly hand cut each circle. I set them aside to embellish with later.

Next I created the background on a sheet of white cardstock. I smooshed some Tim Holtz - Distress Oxide Ink Pad - Faded Jeans onto my messy mat, sprayed it with water and pressed the white cardstock into it. With a bit of extra ink, I added a few splatters and extra colour. I also used the ink to colour a rectangle of white cardstock, which I used as a photo mount.

 Once it was dry, I added a layer of Colour Paste in Snow White through a Kaisercraft stencil. And lastly a few splatters of black Roadbase Colour Spray.

Here is a close up of the background work.

Now it was time to assemble my page.

Along the top and bottom of the page, I layered some Boardwalk paper, as well as using some as a paper mount behind the photo.

I also repeated some strips of the Prima La Fontanette paper across the page.


With those cute stamped circles, I scatter them across the page, putting some on foam tape for some dimension.


In this main cluster with title, I started with an awesome 2 Crafty Dream catcher. I used Tim Holtz - Distress Oxide Ink Pad - Faded Jeans to colour it blue. I layered more of the Boardwalk paper behind the circle of the dreamcatcher.

Finally I added some messy thread, stamped circles and stickers - a butterfly from the St Tropez puffy stickers, and a black puffy hearts from Bella Blvd.

For the title, I combined some small black Webster's letters with the "Sunshine" puffy word sticker from the St Tropez pack.

 I repeated another cluster in the top right corner of the photo too.


 

Thanks for looking,

Amanda



Products used:

Prima - St. Tropez Paper - La Fontanette
Kaisercraft - Beach Shack Paper - Board Walk
Colour Blast - Colour Paste - Snow White
Colour Blast - Colour Spray - Roadbase
Kaisercraft Designer Template - Grunge 6x6
2Crafty Dreamcatchers
Bella Blvd - Puffy Hearts - Oreo Black
Prima - St. Tropez Puffy Stickers
Webster's Pages - The Good Life Alphabet Stickers
 
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment