HOMEABOUT USSHOP HERECROPDATESCURRENT CHALLENGESTIPS&TUTORIALS

Wednesday, May 23, 2018

"Meeting" by Amanda H

Hi again everyone,

Today I am sharing a page of my friend and I - meeting on the other side of the world, when we happened to be in Amsterdam on the same day!

I started with the new Kaisercraft collection - Pen and Ink. I do love these neutral Kaisercraft papers - it gives us the freedom to team the neutrals up with whatever colours we want! And I went with pinks and teals. And I'd been saving some Prima flowers, so that was my go-to to finish the page.


I started my background with the "Layered" paper from the range- a simple yet interesting paper- perfect as a background. After mounting the photo on black, I layered the photo on a piece of "Stamps" paper from the range. As I was putting the page together, I decided I needed some colour and I found the really OLD piece of patterned floral in my stash and added a square of this at the back. This paper lead me to some of the colour choices I made for the embellishments.
The main cluster on the page is in the bottom right corner of the page. And there are so many beautiful embellishments here.

Firstly, I used a 2Crafty Sabine circle frame at the base - which I inked a soft pink, before spraying with Colour Blast Shimmer Spray in Blush. In the circle, I added the Prima flowers from the Zella Teal range, giving the large floral flower a spray of the same Colour Blast Blush spray to make it pink!

There is a lovely speciality paper in the Pen and Ink range, and I fussy cut some of the butterflies out. I also sprayed them with Colour Blast Shimmer Spray in Envy and Singing the Blues.

From the top of the cluster and to the left, I used some more 2 Crafty chipboard. This time I used Maggie' Swirls which I painted with White gesso, before giving a spray of Colour Blast Shimmer Spray in Snow White.

I repeated some elements in the top left corner of the page, using another 2Crafty Sabine circle frame, a fussy cut butterfly from this paper, and a leaf from Zella Teal Flowers set.
You will notice a few different stickers amongst the clusters - I took some word stickers from the Zella Teal pack and some soft pink puffy circles from the My Minds Eye Blush pack.

 For the title, I used a mix of alphabet stickers and some handwriting. The black alphabet stickers come from the Pinkfresh Studio Cardstock sticker pack, as does the little journal box that I wrote on.
So many little details and fun combinations to create this page. I love raiding my collection of All About Scrapbooks embellishments - always something to finish a page!

Thanks for looking.
Amanda

  
Product list:
 
Papers:
Kaisercraft - Pen & Ink Paper - Stamps
Kaisercraft - Pen & Ink Paper - Layered
 Kaisercraft - Pen & Ink Paper - Antiques Specialty Gloss Paper
 
2Crafty Chipboard:
 Sabine's Frame Set
Maggie's Swirls
 
Mixed media:
 Colour Blast Shimmer Spray - Blush
 Colour Blast Shimmer Spray - Snow White
 Colour Blast Shimmer Spray - Envy
 Colour Blast Shimmer Spray - Singing the Blues
Colour Blast - White heavy gesso
 
Embellishments:
 Prima - Zella Teal Flowers - Wanderer
Prima - Zella Teal Word Stickers
MME - Blush Puffy Stickers with Gold Foil Accents
Pinkfresh - Let Your Heart Decide Cardstock Stickers 6x8"
 
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment