HOMEABOUT USSHOP HERECROPDATESCURRENT CHALLENGESTIPS&TUTORIALS

Friday, June 5, 2020

Bloom Baby, Bloom using Simple Stories I am by Kerryn Fry

Hi everyone!
Firstly, I must confess to a little lie two weeks ago.
Back then I said I had created my final page with this collection,
but then I found an inspirational project on Pinterest that I wanted to try
and it made a great use of those smaller scrap pieces.
So here it is, the final, final page using the amazing collection,
Simple Stories I am.
Another photo of the very same Great-Niece who featured
in the previous 'final' page.
This photo was taken in 2011 
and I love that her bib matches beautifully. 
 

The page was started with a plain 
and very clean piece of 12x12 Kraft Cardstock.
I have matted the photo with two of the larger pieces 
of patterned paper that remained
and then cut the remaining patterned paper pieces 
into different lengths and thicknesses.


I had a few practice runs of laying out the strips on the the page
before I started sticking paper down.
Staring from the top left of the page 
and then finishing at the bottom right corner.


What I also loved about this page
was using the remaining stickers on the 12x12 Cardstock Sticker Sheet.
I've added them to the page with foam tape to add some dimension.



The Journal Bits pack also helped to embellish the page,
it was great to add extra words to the page
and provided a balance across the page. 
I have used Stickles Glitter Glue to highlight a few of the elements.


The 2 Crafty Hand Drawn Flowers have been covered with white paint.
I've backed the flowers and leaves with patterned paper
and then added Stickles to the chipboard.

With a black gel pen and ruler,
I have added lines of fake stitching to the strips of paper 
in different areas of the page.
The title for the page is another piece form the Journal Bits pack.
I've used more foam tape to lift it on the page.
That's a wrap for today.
Really love this page and think I will try something similar again.
Thanks for visiting the blog today,
have a wonderful weekend and make sure you get some creative time.
Join us again on Monday for the next project. 
Products used:
Bazzill Kraft Cardstock
Simple Stories I am - 2x2 Elements
Simple Stories I am - 3x4 Elements
Simple Stories I am - 4x4 Elements
Simple Stories I am - 4x6 Elements
Simple Stories I am - Blooming
Simple Stories I am - Dreaming
Simple Stories I am - Strong
Simple Stories I am - 12x12 Cardstock Stickers 
Simple Stories I am - Journal Bits
2 Crafty Hand Drawn Flowers
Ranger Stickles Glitter Glue

No comments:

Post a Comment